Click here to monitor SSC
SQLServerCentral is supported by Red Gate Software Ltd.

Home       Members    Calendar    Who's On

Add to briefcase

Two instance of Reporting Service Expand / Collapse
Author
SSC-Enthusiastic

SSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-Enthusiastic

Group: General Forum Members
Last Login: Monday, August 4, 2014 12:18 PM
Correct me if I'm wrong but it's not possible to have to instance of Reporting Service under one SQL instance. I know you can create serveral Reporting Service databases. If I have a SQL instance name ACCT-Test which is running Reporting Service (Report Server & Report ServiceTempDB) and want to compare my ACCT-DEV reports.
Post #1473118
Posted Friday, July 12, 2013 11:30 AM

SSC-Dedicated

SSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-Dedicated

Group: Administrators
Last Login: Today @ 8:31 AM
you have have mutliple instances of reporting services, but I don't believe that means on one database engine.

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms403426(v=sql.90).aspx

Follow me on Twitter: @way0utwest

Forum Etiquette: How to post data/code on a forum to get the best help
Post #1473162
Posted Sunday, July 14, 2013 9:49 PM
SSCrazy

SSCrazySSCrazySSCrazySSCrazySSCrazySSCrazySSCrazySSCrazy

Last Login: 2 days ago @ 9:55 PM
A single SQL Server instance can be used for multiple reporting services instances. The reporting services database (ReportServer, ReportServerTEMPDB) will include the reporting services instance name.

e.g. I have a reporting services instance "SQL2008R2". The 2 databases for this are called "ReportServer$SQL2008R2" and ReportServer$SQL2008R2Tempdb".

Post #1473429
Posted Monday, July 15, 2013 12:34 PM
SSC-Enthusiastic

SSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-Enthusiastic

SSCrazy,

Is is it possible to have one set of reports going into your ReportServer database and another set of reports going to a different database, if you have one Reporting Service instance?
Post #1473845
Posted Monday, July 15, 2013 9:51 PM
SSCrazy

SSCrazySSCrazySSCrazySSCrazySSCrazySSCrazySSCrazySSCrazy

Last Login: 2 days ago @ 9:55 PM
In a single instance of reporting services, there is one and only one ReportServer database and one ReportServerTempDB database.

The reports definitions are stored in the ReportServer database.

The data source(s) for reports in an instance of reporting services can access any database on any instance (subject to security etc). These data sources can be in any instance of SQL Server or OLEDB source.

Post #1473963
Posted Tuesday, July 16, 2013 2:13 PM
SSC-Enthusiastic

Runnning under Sharepoint Integrated mode, I thought it is possible to have two instance of SSRS (2008) running under the same database server But I guess it's not. I would like to have DBServerA with one instance of Reporting Service used for Test and another instance of Reporting Srevice2 used for development. But it seem like I have to have DBServerA with the SSRS running for test And DBServerA\Dev (another instance of SQL Server) running Reporting Service for the second instance which is for Development. Is that correct?
Post #1474285
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

Add to briefcase

Permissions Expand / Collapse