Click here to monitor SSC
SQLServerCentral is supported by Red Gate Software Ltd.

Home       Members    Calendar    Who's On

Add to briefcase ««12

Publishing and accessing SQL Server 2008 Reports Expand / Collapse
Author
Forum Newbie

Forum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum Newbie

Group: General Forum Members
Last Login: Thursday, August 15, 2013 3:23 PM
Viking,

You have helped me a lot. I have been reading SSRS instructions from Microsoft MSDN site and it doesn't tell you how to resolve an issue. Even though, I can't see the content and the properties tabs, but I clicked on the folder settings tab in the report manager and found the new assignment roles: Browser, content manager, my reports etc. I tested the the reportserver and the report manager URLs from different computer and was able to access the page.

As you know, I'm new to this. Will the users access the reports through the ReportServer URL or the Report Manager URL? I can access the reports with either of them. Thanks again for your time.
Post #1440866
Posted Wednesday, April 10, 2013 10:00 AM
SSC-Enthusiastic

SSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-Enthusiastic

Last Login: Tuesday, July 15, 2014 3:49 PM
You are doing fine. It is definitely a learning process. I'm certainly learning. I don't do it everyday, so I'm definitely not a guru.

The user would use the following URL:

User:
http://<servername>:80/ReportServer

The Admin url is for the admin only, and any one that actually creates or modifies reports, or sets permissions. All users use the above url to just run the reports.
Post #1440916
Posted Wednesday, April 10, 2013 10:34 AM
Forum Newbie

Forum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum Newbie

Last Login: Thursday, August 15, 2013 3:23 PM
Thanks Viking

I will keep working on it and if I get stuck the process I may shoot you a question. Thx
Post #1440932
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

Add to briefcase ««12

Permissions Expand / Collapse