Click here to monitor SSC
SQLServerCentral is supported by Red Gate Software Ltd.

Home       Members    Calendar    Who's On

Add to briefcase «««123

How to study for MCSA SQL Server 2012 Expand / Collapse
Author

Valued Member

Valued MemberValued MemberValued MemberValued MemberValued MemberValued MemberValued MemberValued Member

Group: General Forum Members
Last Login: Sunday, April 13, 2014 7:32 PM
Just stumbled upon this post, and in close to the same boat as the OP. I'm interested in advice about volunteering... Also, being new to this is there any value in attending a sql Saturday? Or is everything going to be completely over my head? There is one coming up in Madison Wisconsin, and by me in Chicago. Any advice would be great!
Post #1534691
Posted Saturday, January 25, 2014 1:38 PM

SSC-Dedicated

SSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-Dedicated

Last Login: Yesterday @ 11:47 PM
rho_pooka (1/24/2014)
Just stumbled upon this post, and in close to the same boat as the OP. I'm interested in advice about volunteering... Also, being new to this is there any value in attending a sql Saturday? Or is everything going to be completely over my head? There is one coming up in Madison Wisconsin, and by me in Chicago. Any advice would be great!

Like I said in the post you started on this subject, when it comes to local SQL Saturdays, drop everything and GO.

--Jeff Moden
"RBAR is pronounced "ree-bar" and is a "Modenism" for "Row-By-Agonizing-Row".

First step towards the paradigm shift of writing Set Based code:
Stop thinking about what you want to do to a row... think, instead, of what you want to do to a column."

"Change is inevitable. Change for the better is not." -- 04 August 2013
(play on words) "Just because you CAN do something in T-SQL, doesn't mean you SHOULDN'T." --22 Aug 2013

Helpful Links:
How to post code problems
How to post performance problems
Post #1534746
Posted Saturday, January 25, 2014 1:45 PM

Valued Member

Valued MemberValued MemberValued MemberValued MemberValued MemberValued MemberValued MemberValued Member

Last Login: Sunday, April 13, 2014 7:32 PM
You've solidified my interest!... I'll be at both.

-Ben
Post #1534747
Posted Saturday, January 25, 2014 4:23 PM

SSC-Dedicated

SSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-Dedicated

Last Login: Yesterday @ 11:47 PM
rho_pooka (1/25/2014)
You've solidified my interest!... I'll be at both.

-Ben

Take hard-copy resumes, business cards, your laptop with an electronic copy of your resume, and a winning attitude with you. Your resume should include some good details about how you've been training yourself and, if you have a good blog (no whining, very few errors both technical and otherwise) or have been posting accepted answers on forums, be sure to include the links for those in a section of your resume.

--Jeff Moden
"RBAR is pronounced "ree-bar" and is a "Modenism" for "Row-By-Agonizing-Row".

First step towards the paradigm shift of writing Set Based code:
Stop thinking about what you want to do to a row... think, instead, of what you want to do to a column."

"Change is inevitable. Change for the better is not." -- 04 August 2013
(play on words) "Just because you CAN do something in T-SQL, doesn't mean you SHOULDN'T." --22 Aug 2013

Helpful Links:
How to post code problems
How to post performance problems
Post #1534757
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

Add to briefcase «««123

Permissions Expand / Collapse