Click here to monitor SSC
SQLServerCentral is supported by Red Gate Software Ltd.

Home       Members    Calendar    Who's On

Add to briefcase

SQL 2008 R2 - Can't see services in SSCM or status of server in SSMS Expand / Collapse
Author
SSC Journeyman

SSC JourneymanSSC JourneymanSSC JourneymanSSC JourneymanSSC JourneymanSSC JourneymanSSC JourneymanSSC Journeyman

Group: General Forum Members
Last Login: Tuesday, July 22, 2014 8:25 AM
I was getting a WMI error launching SSCM so I followed the advice of this article and ran the mofcomp command: http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en/sqlkjmanageability/thread/4c8ca86c-105f-4f0a-ac18-6e33dda2bc46

This resolved the WMI error but when I launch SSCM it comes up but I cannot see any services listed, and I have 3 instances running on this production server. Also in SSMS I have a white icon beside the server and SQL agent showing no status updates.

Please help
Post #1412672
Posted Tuesday, January 29, 2013 2:55 AM

SSCertifiable

SSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiable

Last Login: Friday, July 25, 2014 9:12 AM
That would indicate that your account cannot enumerate if the services are started or not, which would relate to why you cant see them in SSCM.

What permissions does your account have on the actual windows box.

Want an answer fast? Try here
How to post data/code for the best help - Jeff Moden
Need a string splitter, try this - Jeff Moden
How to post performance problems - Gail Shaw
CrossTabs-Part1 & Part2 - Jeff Moden
SQL Server Backup, Integrity Check, and Index and Statistics Maintenance - Ola Hallengren
Managing Transaction Logs - Gail Shaw
Troubleshooting SQL Server: A Guide for the Accidental DBA - Jonathan Kehayias and Ted Krueger

Post #1412846
Posted Tuesday, January 29, 2013 8:26 AM
SSC Journeyman

SSC JourneymanSSC JourneymanSSC JourneymanSSC JourneymanSSC JourneymanSSC JourneymanSSC JourneymanSSC Journeyman

My account has local admin permissions on the box and sysadmin privileges to all the SQL instances. I logged in again this morning and got the WMI error again, I'm at a loss.
Post #1413078
Posted Tuesday, January 29, 2013 12:45 PM

SSC Veteran

SSC VeteranSSC VeteranSSC VeteranSSC VeteranSSC VeteranSSC VeteranSSC VeteranSSC Veteran

Last Login: Friday, July 25, 2014 7:08 PM
Sounds like you need to do it again. below is a link. What happened before you tried going into SSCM? This might help us to identify your issue.

http://msmvps.com/blogs/martinpoon/archive/2009/11/27/sql-server-configuration-manager-cannot-connect-to-wmi-provider-invalid-class-0x80041010.aspx

MCSA SQL Server 2012
Post #1413265
Posted Tuesday, January 29, 2013 3:52 PM
SSC Journeyman

I've done it again and when launching SCCM I get "there are no items in this view" under the services or other options.
Post #1413372
Posted Thursday, January 31, 2013 1:11 PM
SSC Journeyman

Guys... any one bump into not being able to view these services? I can see them through the windows services just fine but not SSCM and I'm concerned if I need to make edits through that soon.
Post #1414305
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

Add to briefcase

Permissions Expand / Collapse