Click here to monitor SSC
SQLServerCentral is supported by Red Gate Software Ltd.

Home       Members    Calendar    Who's On

Add to briefcase 1234»»»

Geeky Oscars Expand / Collapse
Author
Posted Thursday, January 24, 2013 10:21 PM

SSC-Dedicated

SSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-Dedicated

Group: Administrators
Last Login: Today @ 11:24 AM
Comments posted to this topic are about the item Geeky Oscars

Follow me on Twitter: @way0utwest

Forum Etiquette: How to post data/code on a forum to get the best help
Post #1411465
Posted Friday, January 25, 2013 12:36 AM

SSChampion

SSChampionSSChampionSSChampionSSChampionSSChampionSSChampionSSChampionSSChampionSSChampionSSChampion

Group: General Forum Members
Last Login: Today @ 11:53 AM
I watched Total Recall, and it was OK. Nothing special, but a good night of "popcorn no brain needed" action. I liked the original better though.

My favorite geek movie of 2012 was The Avengers of course. If you haven't seen it, please do. And the last Batman movie, which was quite good, but doesn't live up to The Dark Knight in my opinion.

How to post forum questions.
Need an answer? No, you need a question.
What’s the deal with Excel & SSIS?

Member of LinkedIn. My blog at LessThanDot.

MCSA SQL Server 2012 - MCSE Business Intelligence
Post #1411501
Posted Friday, January 25, 2013 2:31 AM

SSCommitted

SSCommittedSSCommittedSSCommittedSSCommittedSSCommittedSSCommittedSSCommittedSSCommitted

Last Login: Today @ 8:16 AM
Would folks regard The Hobbit as geeky? I kind of think I would, anyhow that's my choice. I didn't expect to love it from the reviews and the length the book was being stretched to, but I did.
Post #1411547
Posted Friday, January 25, 2013 4:16 AM
Ten Centuries

Ten CenturiesTen CenturiesTen CenturiesTen CenturiesTen CenturiesTen CenturiesTen CenturiesTen Centuries

Last Login: Yesterday @ 2:19 AM
The Raid is superb if you like martial arts action films. A bit gory in places, but the hand-to-hand fighting scenes are excellent.

Perhaps not geeky. Unless you're a martial arts geek.
Post #1411596
Posted Friday, January 25, 2013 4:58 AM
Grasshopper

GrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopper

Last Login: Monday, February 4, 2013 2:11 AM
Judge Dredd was my favourite movie of last year. Avengers was second, Batman third. All great films.
Post #1411612
Posted Friday, January 25, 2013 6:27 AM
SSChasing Mays

SSChasing MaysSSChasing MaysSSChasing MaysSSChasing MaysSSChasing MaysSSChasing MaysSSChasing MaysSSChasing Mays

Last Login: Today @ 10:40 AM
The wife and I saw absolutely zero movies in 2012. Her geeky screen passion was totally dedicated to the game: Skyrim. More entertaining and better value than the theater. (Although the time suck factor meant that I had to avoid the living room at times and code in the dining room...)
Post #1411665
Posted Friday, January 25, 2013 6:29 AM
SSC Rookie

SSC RookieSSC RookieSSC RookieSSC RookieSSC RookieSSC RookieSSC RookieSSC Rookie

Last Login: Friday, March 21, 2014 8:33 AM
The Avengers had a huge build up and I wasn't disappointed with the final result, but the best geeky film of the year had to be Dredd. Ignoring the 3D hype it was true to the source material (2000AD comics), had a simple but well constructed storyline, and HE KEPT HIS HELMET ON!! Good on ya Karl Urban
Post #1411667
Posted Friday, January 25, 2013 6:42 AM

SSCommitted

SSCommittedSSCommittedSSCommittedSSCommittedSSCommittedSSCommittedSSCommittedSSCommitted

Last Login: Wednesday, July 23, 2014 9:00 AM
I'd highly reccomend, 'Game Of Thones', although it's not a movie but an HBO series.

The Showtime series 'Spartacus' is good too, although it's heavy on violence and sex; definately not appropriate for the kids and probably of zero interest to the wife either.

A couple of other good geeky TV shows would be 'Psych' and 'Covert Affairs', both air on USA Channel and something worth sharing together with the family.
Post #1411682
Posted Friday, January 25, 2013 6:52 AM

Ten Centuries

Ten CenturiesTen CenturiesTen CenturiesTen CenturiesTen CenturiesTen CenturiesTen CenturiesTen Centuries

Last Login: Monday, July 21, 2014 4:57 AM
I must admit I enjoyed The Avengers too, but preferred the third Men In Black. Not sure if it could be called sci-fi or not, but either way the Bourne Legacy was a bit of a disappointment for me.

Semper in excretia, sumus solum profundum variat
Post #1411694
Posted Friday, January 25, 2013 7:13 AM
Grasshopper

GrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopper

Last Login: Monday, February 4, 2013 2:11 AM
Yep, Karl Urban keeping the helmet on was great. At last, the proper Dredd movie we've all been wating for.
Post #1411708
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

Add to briefcase 1234»»»

Permissions Expand / Collapse