Click here to monitor SSC
SQLServerCentral is supported by Red Gate Software Ltd.

Home       Members    Calendar    Who's On

Add to briefcase

Basics of C2 Auditing Expand / Collapse
Author

SSC Eights!

SSC Eights!SSC Eights!SSC Eights!SSC Eights!SSC Eights!SSC Eights!SSC Eights!SSC Eights!

Group: General Forum Members
Last Login: Sunday, July 27, 2014 10:38 PM
Comments posted to this topic are about the content posted at http://www.sqlservercentral.com/columnists/dasanka/basic

My Blog: http://dineshasanka.spaces.live.com/
Post #140885
Posted Saturday, December 29, 2007 2:53 AM
Grasshopper

GrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopper

Last Login: Thursday, February 4, 2010 8:20 AM
In c2 audit mode option the trace file size will go up to 200 mb. Is it a configurable one. i.e whether we can configure it to 10 mb . because our db size is 20 gb.

can be done or not?
Post #437316
Posted Saturday, December 29, 2007 9:20 AM

SSC-Dedicated

SSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-Dedicated

Last Login: Today @ 9:16 PM
It appears that this article was written quite some time ago... but, boy, is it sweet. I haven't tried it yet but Dinesh sure did make it easy.

You can just bet I'm going to try it...

Thanks, Dinesh! 5 stars!

--Jeff Moden
"RBAR is pronounced "ree-bar" and is a "Modenism" for "Row-By-Agonizing-Row".

First step towards the paradigm shift of writing Set Based code:
Stop thinking about what you want to do to a row... think, instead, of what you want to do to a column."

(play on words) "Just because you CAN do something in T-SQL, doesn't mean you SHOULDN'T." --22 Aug 2013

Helpful Links:
How to post code problems
How to post performance problems
Post #437338
Posted Wednesday, March 19, 2008 8:15 AM
Forum Newbie

Forum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum Newbie

Last Login: Thursday, May 22, 2008 6:13 PM
how can the C2 audit trace output files be redirected to another location (drives and folders) other than the default instance location?

Thanks,
Benjamin
Post #471590
Posted Wednesday, March 19, 2008 10:55 PM
Grasshopper

GrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopper

Last Login: Thursday, February 4, 2010 8:20 AM

I read your documentation clearly. I dont find any configuration to limit the size of the audit trace from 200 mb to 20mb or anything . And also there is no way in creating the file to different location other than mssql\data folder.

I just need to know whether it can be enabled by any option like writing SP or triggers.

Regards,

Venkat

Post #472059
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

Add to briefcase

Permissions Expand / Collapse