Click here to monitor SSC
SQLServerCentral is supported by Red Gate Software Ltd.

Home       Members    Calendar    Who's On

Add to briefcase

Logshipping Query Expand / Collapse
Author
SSC Journeyman

SSC JourneymanSSC JourneymanSSC JourneymanSSC JourneymanSSC JourneymanSSC JourneymanSSC JourneymanSSC Journeyman

Group: General Forum Members
Last Login: Saturday, December 6, 2014 1:32 AM
Logshipping is out of sync for 2 days and so i have a huge amount of logfiles to copy and restore to DR Server.Is there any way by which i can reduce my time of restoring all these logfiles and instead do something by which my logshipping can start without restoring all the logfiles one by one.
Post #1405795
Posted Friday, January 11, 2013 1:24 AM

SSCertifiable

SSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiable

Last Login: Monday, December 8, 2014 1:45 AM
How often do you do FULL backups?

Want an answer fast? Try here
How to post data/code for the best help - Jeff Moden
Need a string splitter, try this - Jeff Moden
How to post performance problems - Gail Shaw
CrossTabs-Part1 & Part2 - Jeff Moden
SQL Server Backup, Integrity Check, and Index and Statistics Maintenance - Ola Hallengren
Managing Transaction Logs - Gail Shaw
Troubleshooting SQL Server: A Guide for the Accidental DBA - Jonathan Kehayias and Ted Krueger

Post #1405805
Posted Friday, January 11, 2013 1:28 AM

SSCrazy

SSCrazySSCrazySSCrazySSCrazySSCrazySSCrazySSCrazySSCrazy

Last Login: Today @ 3:36 AM
mahesh.dasoni (1/11/2013)
Logshipping is out of sync for 2 days and so i have a huge amount of logfiles to copy and restore to DR Server.Is there any way by which i can reduce my time of restoring all these logfiles and instead do something by which my logshipping can start without restoring all the logfiles one by one.
i can smell that its again interview question ? anyways restore latest backup would be easier and appropriate approach here

-------Bhuvnesh----------
I work only to learn Sql Server...though my company pays me for getting their stuff done
Post #1405810
Posted Friday, January 11, 2013 6:49 AM

SSCertifiable

SSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiable

Last Login: Yesterday @ 8:04 PM
If you have not taken a full backup on the primary since log shipping became out-of-sync then you can bring the secondary up to date and resuming the existing log shipping configuration by taking a differential backup from the primary and restoring it on the secondary. If you have taken a full backup from the primary since log shipping went out-of-sync then you will need to re-initialize log shipping from a full backup.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________
There are no special teachers of virtue, because virtue is taught by the whole community. --Plato
Post #1405979
Posted Sunday, January 20, 2013 2:45 PM

Hall of Fame

Hall of FameHall of FameHall of FameHall of FameHall of FameHall of FameHall of FameHall of FameHall of Fame

Last Login: Wednesday, November 5, 2014 3:47 PM
Opc is right about the differential backup. About restoring the full backup. If the size of the DB is big and if you have all transaction logs I will probably copy all the transaction logs and start the restore job. If restoring the differential is an option I'll will chose that one for sure.

My blog
Post #1409310
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

Add to briefcase

Permissions Expand / Collapse