Click here to monitor SSC
SQLServerCentral is supported by Red Gate Software Ltd.

Home       Members    Calendar    Who's On

Add to briefcase ««123»»

SQL Server Execution Plans, Second Edition by Grant Fritchey Expand / Collapse
Author
Posted Tuesday, December 4, 2012 12:17 PM
Grasshopper

GrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopper

Group: General Forum Members
Last Login: Thursday, July 24, 2014 9:43 AM
Hmm, you left me hanging here, Grant. Came on over expecting to get my learn on, and then got smacked with a "Coming Soon."

No worries, here, though - I'm sure it will be worth the wait! Now to try and remember to check the page later.
Post #1392652
Posted Tuesday, December 4, 2012 2:00 PM
Ten Centuries

Ten CenturiesTen CenturiesTen CenturiesTen CenturiesTen CenturiesTen CenturiesTen CenturiesTen Centuries

Last Login: Thursday, July 24, 2014 2:48 PM
How about posting here when the download is available? Then the people who posted a response will be notified!
Post #1392692
Posted Tuesday, December 4, 2012 2:16 PM
Forum Newbie

Forum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum Newbie

Last Login: Friday, April 11, 2014 4:18 PM
No credit belongs to the person who send out this misleading email:
"Free eBook: SQL Server Execution Plans, Second Edition"

And you can quote me on that one!

My time is my life / my life is my time. If you waste my time you are to a degree committing murder. Albeit by the salami (slice) method. By sending out an email promising something that is not available (yet) is at best being misleading. In my youth we used to call this vapour-ware or cripple ware. Not the real deal but sexy enough to make you look. I can only speak for myself but I am seriously annoyed.

You are under absolutely NO obligation to provide ANYTHING for FREE. Not even my lunch or the time of day. But you are under obligation to be truthful or at least discourage others not to be misleading your behalf.

I feel mislead and I'm cross. Am I alone I wonder.
Post #1392700
Posted Tuesday, December 4, 2012 2:20 PM
Forum Newbie

Forum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum Newbie

Last Login: Wednesday, January 8, 2014 8:50 AM
how do o stop reading stupid. amswers
Post #1392703
Posted Tuesday, December 4, 2012 5:47 PM

SSC-Dedicated

SSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-Dedicated

Last Login: Yesterday @ 7:30 PM
Lars-640955 (12/4/2012)

My time is my life / my life is my time. If you waste my time you are to a degree committing murder. Albeit by the salami (slice) method. By sending out an email promising something that is not available (yet) is at best being misleading. In my youth we used to call this vapour-ware or cripple ware. Not the real deal but sexy enough to make you look. I can only speak for myself but I am seriously annoyed.

You are under absolutely NO obligation to provide ANYTHING for FREE. Not even my lunch or the time of day. But you are under obligation to be truthful or at least discourage others not to be misleading your behalf.

I agree but you just wasted more time writing that response than it took you to look.

--Jeff Moden
"RBAR is pronounced "ree-bar" and is a "Modenism" for "Row-By-Agonizing-Row".

First step towards the paradigm shift of writing Set Based code:
Stop thinking about what you want to do to a row... think, instead, of what you want to do to a column."

(play on words) "Just because you CAN do something in T-SQL, doesn't mean you SHOULDN'T." --22 Aug 2013

Helpful Links:
How to post code problems
How to post performance problems
Post #1392753
Posted Wednesday, December 5, 2012 6:06 AM

SSCoach

SSCoachSSCoachSSCoachSSCoachSSCoachSSCoachSSCoachSSCoachSSCoachSSCoachSSCoach

Last Login: Today @ 6:44 AM
Patrick Kansa (@pkansa) (12/4/2012)
Hmm, you left me hanging here, Grant. Came on over expecting to get my learn on, and then got smacked with a "Coming Soon."

No worries, here, though - I'm sure it will be worth the wait! Now to try and remember to check the page later.

Sorry, not sure why they did that. I'll see what can be done.

----------------------------------------------------
"The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood..." Theodore Roosevelt
The Scary DBA
Author of: SQL Server 2012 Query Performance Tuning
SQL Server 2008 Query Performance Tuning Distilled
and
SQL Server Execution Plans

Product Evangelist for Red Gate Software
Post #1392955
Posted Wednesday, December 5, 2012 6:07 AM

SSCoach

SSCoachSSCoachSSCoachSSCoachSSCoachSSCoachSSCoachSSCoachSSCoachSSCoachSSCoach

Last Login: Today @ 6:44 AM
Lars-640955 (12/4/2012)

My apologies. It's just some sort of mistake. We'll get it fixed. No one is intentionally trying to fool you or anything.

----------------------------------------------------
"The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood..." Theodore Roosevelt
The Scary DBA
Author of: SQL Server 2012 Query Performance Tuning
SQL Server 2008 Query Performance Tuning Distilled
and
SQL Server Execution Plans

Product Evangelist for Red Gate Software
Post #1392956
Posted Wednesday, December 5, 2012 7:44 AM
Grasshopper

GrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopper

No worries! I was just giving you a little good-natured ribbing. I mean, if you're offering something for free, I can't exactly complain, now can I?
Post #1393014
Posted Wednesday, December 5, 2012 7:46 AM
Mr or Mrs. 500

Mr or Mrs. 500Mr or Mrs. 500Mr or Mrs. 500Mr or Mrs. 500Mr or Mrs. 500Mr or Mrs. 500Mr or Mrs. 500Mr or Mrs. 500

Group: Administrators
Last Login: Tuesday, July 8, 2014 9:43 AM
All,

Sorry for the false alarm everyone. As Grant says, there was no intent to miselad here; it was just a mistake on our part, for which we apologize. The article advertising the eBook's availability just went out earlier than we originally thought it was going out.

The eBook is there now and available to download from http://www.sqlservercentral.com/articles/books/94937/.

Best,
Tony.
Post #1393017
Posted Wednesday, December 5, 2012 7:47 AM
Grasshopper

And the pdf is out there now - thanks, Grant!
Post #1393018
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

Add to briefcase ««123»»

Permissions Expand / Collapse