Click here to monitor SSC
SQLServerCentral is supported by Red Gate Software Ltd.

Home       Members    Calendar    Who's On

Add to briefcase ««12

Basic SSIS Workflow Management – Step 6 of the Stairway to Integration Services Expand / Collapse
Author
Posted Thursday, February 14, 2013 11:38 AM
Old Hand

Old HandOld HandOld HandOld HandOld HandOld HandOld HandOld Hand

Group: General Forum Members
Last Login: 2 days ago @ 7:27 AM
Hello Andy,

Well I have made it to the 6th article in your series. Am I correct, that you could set six objects AND change the MaxConcurrentExecutables to 6. Then have each of the 6 objects run their processing on a differnet core? So in effect it is like six sql server 'workers' executing each of the objects?

If I am right, this would be just like having 6 stored proc's that are set to run at the same time (in my case when SAP extracts out all of our files for loading into other databases). So I could create one SSIS package to load all the files into our staging database... and get rid of the stored Proc's... and it would do it simo.. up to the limit of cores + 2, correct?? (Of course the note you have about having the number of objects above the number of cores +2 gives you a random order in execution. So I would have to make sure that nothing was a FK into one of the other tables.)
Post #1420233
Posted Thursday, February 14, 2013 2:38 PM

Old Hand

Old HandOld HandOld HandOld HandOld HandOld HandOld HandOld Hand

Group: General Forum Members
Last Login: Monday, July 21, 2014 12:44 PM
Hi dwilliscp,

I am unsure about how the SSIS execution engine decides which cores - or how many cores - to utilize. From a purely SSIS perspective, the answer is "yes."

Thank you for hanging in there for the first six articles!

:{>

Andy Leonard
CSO, Linchpin People
Follow me on Twitter: @AndyLeonard
Post #1420311
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

Add to briefcase ««12

Permissions Expand / Collapse