Click here to monitor SSC
SQLServerCentral is supported by Red Gate Software Ltd.

Home       Members    Calendar    Who's On

Add to briefcase «««1213141516»»»

The Beer Cooler Thread Expand / Collapse
Author

SSCertifiable

SSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiable

Group: General Forum Members
Last Login: Today @ 9:57 AM
Eric M Russell (7/26/2012)
Lynn Pettis (7/25/2012)
Eric M Russell (7/25/2012)
I'm not a beer connoisseur and don't care for the small batch gourmet stuff. When I drink beer, I'm either drinking Miller High Life.

Or? Your statement indicates that you may drink something other than Miller High Life.

Syntax error. I will drink other beer, but I'll take Miller High Life first.

I'd call it a sorting error!

“Write the query the simplest way. If through testing it becomes clear that the performance is inadequate, consider alternative query forms.” - Gail Shaw

For fast, accurate and documented assistance in answering your questions, please read this article.
Understanding and using APPLY, (I) and (II) Paul White
Hidden RBAR: Triangular Joins / The "Numbers" or "Tally" Table: What it is and how it replaces a loop Jeff Moden
Exploring Recursive CTEs by Example Dwain Camps
Post #1335836
Posted Thursday, July 26, 2012 8:22 AM

SSCommitted

SSCommittedSSCommittedSSCommittedSSCommittedSSCommittedSSCommittedSSCommittedSSCommitted

Last Login: Today @ 9:00 AM
ChrisM@Work (7/26/2012)
Lynn Pettis (7/25/2012)
I'm not a beer connoisseur and don't care for the small batch gourmet stuff. When I drink beer, I'm either drinking Miller High Life.

Or? Your statement indicates that you may drink something other than Miller High Life.

If I'm at a restraunt or party and see some gourmet or imported beer I've never tried before (pumpkin spice, Bavarian dark chocolate, whatever...), then I'll drink it once. I prefer drinking a dark beer with with a steak dinner and fries. But if I drive to the store and buy a six-pack for my own personal consumption, then it's Miller High Life.
Post #1335877
Posted Thursday, July 26, 2012 12:49 PM

SSCarpal Tunnel

SSCarpal TunnelSSCarpal TunnelSSCarpal TunnelSSCarpal TunnelSSCarpal TunnelSSCarpal TunnelSSCarpal TunnelSSCarpal TunnelSSCarpal Tunnel

Last Login: Today @ 4:00 PM
ChrisM@Work (7/26/2012)
Lynn Pettis (7/25/2012)

If I'm at a restraunt or party and see some gourmet or imported beer I've never tried before (pumpkin spice, Bavarian dark chocolate, whatever...), then I'll drink it once. I prefer drinking a dark beer with with a steak dinner and fries. But if I drive to the store and buy a six-pack for my own personal consumption, then it's Miller High Life.

Personally, I like Arrogant Bastard with a steak. Unfortunately, I have to skip the fries - weight -; I usually ask for grilled mushrooms.
Post #1336067
Posted Friday, August 3, 2012 6:57 AM
SSC-Enthusiastic

SSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-Enthusiastic

Last Login: Wednesday, June 25, 2014 4:16 AM
GilaMonster (5/30/2012)
I have a good beer bread recipe if anyone want...

In Russia, instead of beer bread, they have Bread Beer! http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kvass
Post #1339792
Posted Friday, August 3, 2012 7:11 AM
Old Hand

Old HandOld HandOld HandOld HandOld HandOld HandOld HandOld Hand

Last Login: Thursday, July 17, 2014 1:39 AM
I like Duvel, but like this one even more

Post #1339802
Posted Friday, August 3, 2012 7:15 AM
SSC-Enthusiastic

SSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-Enthusiastic

Last Login: Wednesday, June 25, 2014 4:16 AM
F. van Ruyven (8/3/2012)

I was in a bar in Leuven in Belgium (Cafe Amadee) and they had Trappist beer on draught from the monastery next door - it snuck up on me (it was 8% abv) and it was then I found that beer scooters work on the continent - I had been in Belgium (my first ever time) less than eight hours, and found my way back to my hotel unaided, but do not remember doing it!
Post #1339806
Posted Monday, August 6, 2012 6:35 AM

SSCertifiable

SSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiable

Last Login: Yesterday @ 6:52 AM
L' Eomot Inversé (7/26/2012)
Came across something different the other day: Crabbies spiced orange alcoholic ginger beer. I think I prefer it to their ordinary alcoholic ginger beer, at least when the weather is hot. It's on special offer at the local Morrisons just now.

Don't know whether this beer has been around for a while or is new.

Picked a couple of these up for the trip to Wales, have to say not really that impressed by it in all fairness, much prefer the original. Think the next one to try will be the Crabbies black label at a slightly stronger 6%.

Its on the list for the next trip to Makro, just got to finish off all the Innis & Gunn's first.

Want an answer fast? Try here
How to post data/code for the best help - Jeff Moden
Need a string splitter, try this - Jeff Moden
How to post performance problems - Gail Shaw
CrossTabs-Part1 & Part2 - Jeff Moden
SQL Server Backup, Integrity Check, and Index and Statistics Maintenance - Ola Hallengren
Managing Transaction Logs - Gail Shaw
Troubleshooting SQL Server: A Guide for the Accidental DBA - Jonathan Kehayias and Ted Krueger

Post #1340549
Posted Friday, August 31, 2012 12:45 PM
SSC Veteran

SSC VeteranSSC VeteranSSC VeteranSSC VeteranSSC VeteranSSC VeteranSSC VeteranSSC Veteran

Last Login: Yesterday @ 6:16 PM

Meantime Naval College Old Porter at Brasserie V Belgian restaurant in Madison, Wisconsin last night, moules+frites www.brasseriev.com
Post #1353053
Posted Monday, September 3, 2012 2:05 AM

SSCertifiable

Last Login: Today @ 9:57 AM
nwerner (8/31/2012)

Meantime Naval College Old Porter at Brasserie V Belgian restaurant in Madison, Wisconsin last night, moules+frites www.brasseriev.com

The writeup is amazing. Meantime brew some great pale ales - I've had about three and all have been very good indeed. Unusual bottles, some of them - they look like champagne bottles, similar to some of the Trappist natural-yeast brews.

“Write the query the simplest way. If through testing it becomes clear that the performance is inadequate, consider alternative query forms.” - Gail Shaw

For fast, accurate and documented assistance in answering your questions, please read this article.
Understanding and using APPLY, (I) and (II) Paul White
Hidden RBAR: Triangular Joins / The "Numbers" or "Tally" Table: What it is and how it replaces a loop Jeff Moden
Exploring Recursive CTEs by Example Dwain Camps
Post #1353380
Posted Monday, September 3, 2012 2:16 AM

SSC-Addicted

SSC-AddictedSSC-AddictedSSC-AddictedSSC-AddictedSSC-AddictedSSC-AddictedSSC-AddictedSSC-Addicted

Last Login: Friday, January 31, 2014 2:56 AM
F. van Ruyven (8/3/2012)

Me too!
Post #1353384
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

Add to briefcase «««1213141516»»»

Permissions Expand / Collapse