Click here to monitor SSC
SQLServerCentral is supported by Red Gate Software Ltd.

Home       Members    Calendar    Who's On

Add to briefcase ««123»»

compatibility problem Win7 Expand / Collapse
Author

SSC-Enthusiastic

SSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-Enthusiastic

Group: General Forum Members
Last Login: Sunday, June 29, 2014 11:44 PM
My first thought was that you are using an ActiveX control which is causing this issue. What I usually do first is checking the references (see image). Sometimes you get very weird messages if something is wrong with them or if they are missing.

Have you tried a decompile (http://www.granite.ab.ca/access/decompile.htm)

Just guessing...

Post Attachments 
VBAIDE_References.jpg (11 views, 18.44 KB)
Post #1305769
Posted Thursday, May 24, 2012 6:32 AM
SSC Rookie

SSC RookieSSC RookieSSC RookieSSC RookieSSC RookieSSC RookieSSC RookieSSC Rookie

Last Login: Tuesday, June 10, 2014 11:54 AM
My ms access dbases were created initially under ms access 2000, 2003 so I didn't make a special upgrade...
Post #1305775
Posted Thursday, May 24, 2012 11:10 PM
SSC Rookie

SSC RookieSSC RookieSSC RookieSSC RookieSSC RookieSSC RookieSSC RookieSSC Rookie

Here are my references...
I didnt change references, they were set default.

Could be a problem with code pages setting in windows7 ? ...I am just thinking
...my access app e.g.(pp.adp) were created in czech version of access...but it works in WinXP so I dont know ...

Post Attachments 
references.jpg (10 views, 74.65 KB)
Post #1306317
Posted Friday, May 25, 2012 1:43 AM

SSC-Enthusiastic

SSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-Enthusiastic

No sure if the codepage could cause this.
Just another idea: Create a new empty adp file and import everything from the file where you have the problem.
Post #1306355
Posted Friday, May 25, 2012 2:29 AM
SSC Rookie

I created new adp file imported all (forms, reports, modules) but the same error message.
Post #1306373
Posted Friday, May 25, 2012 3:41 AM

SSC-Enthusiastic

In your orignial post you wrote "When I want to open some form, the same error message appier.". So, not all forms have this problem, just some?
What is the difference between those having the problem and those who don't?
Post #1306408
Posted Friday, May 25, 2012 4:11 AM
SSC Rookie

Every form that concern an event has this problem.
If a form is without event than is opened properly, but I have practically everywhere OnLoad event...or another type of event
Post #1306418
Posted Friday, May 25, 2012 5:09 AM
SSC-Enthusiastic

Last Login: Today @ 7:44 AM
peter478 (5/24/2012)

...my access app e.g.(pp.adp) were created in czech version of access...but it works in WinXP so I dont know ...

When I create a new empty ADP I have a reference to Microsoft ActiveX Data Objects 2.5 Library rather than the 2.1 version you have. Also you have a reference that is unchecked that is called Interface DLL to access data in MS Access from Activ... - have you tried checking that to see if it makes a difference. One or both of those DLLs may not be compatible with Windows 7 as they are quite old.

Wendell
Evergreen, CO

Wendell
Colorful Colorado
You can't see the view if you don't climb the mountain!
Post #1306452
Posted Friday, May 25, 2012 5:23 AM
SSC Rookie

WendellB (5/25/2012)
peter478 (5/24/2012)

When I create a new empty ADP I have a reference to Microsoft ActiveX Data Objects 2.5 Library rather than the 2.1 version you have. Also you have a reference that is unchecked that is called Interface DLL to access data in MS Access from Activ... - have you tried checking that to see if it makes a difference. One or both of those DLLs may not be compatible with Windows 7 as they are quite old.

Wendell
Evergreen, CO

Yes I checked this Interface DLL ... but the same error...is it possible to download/install Active X dataobject 2.5 to access?
Post #1306458
Posted Friday, May 25, 2012 5:48 AM
SSC-Enthusiastic

Last Login: Today @ 7:44 AM
I've tested several combinations of OS and Access, and with the ADP format I always get the 2.5 version. Unfortunately I don't have SQL Server 2000 to test against, so I can't exactly replicate your situation. Have you scrolled down the list of references so see if the 2.5 version shows there? It is alphabetical, so it will be pretty close to the top of the ones that start Microsoft....

Wendell
Colorful Colorado
You can't see the view if you don't climb the mountain!
Post #1306475
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

Add to briefcase ««123»»

Permissions Expand / Collapse