Click here to monitor SSC
SQLServerCentral is supported by Red Gate Software Ltd.

Home       Members    Calendar    Who's On

Add to briefcase 1234»»»

SQL Server Agent Roles Expand / Collapse
Author

SSC-Dedicated

SSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-Dedicated

Group: Administrators
Last Login: Saturday, December 20, 2014 3:11 PM
Comments posted to this topic are about the item SQL Server Agent Roles

Follow me on Twitter: @way0utwest

Forum Etiquette: How to post data/code on a forum to get the best help
Post #1270607
Posted Wednesday, March 21, 2012 9:19 PM

SSC Eights!

SSC Eights!SSC Eights!SSC Eights!SSC Eights!SSC Eights!SSC Eights!SSC Eights!SSC Eights!

Group: General Forum Members
Last Login: Thursday, December 4, 2014 7:54 PM
Got this right, on the assumption 'SQLAgentAgentRole' was meant to be 'SQLAgentReaderRole', as none of the other answers were correct, and 'SQLAgentAgentRole' doesn't seem to exist.
Post #1270608
Posted Thursday, March 22, 2012 1:02 AM

SSChampion

SSChampionSSChampionSSChampionSSChampionSSChampionSSChampionSSChampionSSChampionSSChampionSSChampion

Last Login: 2 days ago @ 6:46 AM
Indeed, small typo in the correct answer.
However, very nice question, thanks Steve.

(you read that MSDN page one day and you thought: "I shall make 5 QotD of this!"? )

How to post forum questions.
Need an answer? No, you need a question.
What’s the deal with Excel & SSIS?

Member of LinkedIn. My blog at LessThanDot.

MCSA SQL Server 2012 - MCSE Business Intelligence
Post #1270637
Posted Thursday, March 22, 2012 1:22 AM
SSC Eights!

SSC Eights!SSC Eights!SSC Eights!SSC Eights!SSC Eights!SSC Eights!SSC Eights!SSC Eights!

Last Login: Tuesday, December 2, 2014 8:35 AM
The typo costed me for real,what is 'SQLAgentAgentRole' thought that was a trick any the only meaningful and true answer was the first one,although it did include all the three roles.

“When I hear somebody sigh, ‘Life is hard,’ I am always tempted to ask, ‘Compared to what?’” - Sydney Harris
Post #1270644
Posted Thursday, March 22, 2012 1:35 AM
SSC-Addicted

SSC-AddictedSSC-AddictedSSC-AddictedSSC-AddictedSSC-AddictedSSC-AddictedSSC-AddictedSSC-Addicted

Last Login: Sunday, December 21, 2014 7:13 AM
Hi,

I got ot right, but should replace "SQLAgentAgentRole" with "SQLAgentReaderRole"

Thanks.
Post #1270647
Posted Thursday, March 22, 2012 2:25 AM
SSCommitted

SSCommittedSSCommittedSSCommittedSSCommittedSSCommittedSSCommittedSSCommittedSSCommitted

Last Login: Friday, December 12, 2014 3:32 AM
kapfundestanley (3/22/2012)
The typo costed me for real,what is 'SQLAgentAgentRole' thought that was a trick any the only meaningful and true answer was the first one,although it did include all the three roles.

But the first answer ISN'T true--it's reversed; the SQLAgentReaderRole is a member of the SQLAgentUserRole, given the terminology used here. I don't agree with that terminology, mind you, because it would be far too easy for a newbie to confuse logins that are members of a role with this nebulous idea of roles being members of other roles that the question introduces. I suspect this is why the linked article never uses this terminology!
Post #1270657
Posted Thursday, March 22, 2012 2:39 AM

SSChampion

SSChampionSSChampionSSChampionSSChampionSSChampionSSChampionSSChampionSSChampionSSChampionSSChampion

Last Login: 2 days ago @ 6:46 AM
paul.knibbs (3/22/2012)
kapfundestanley (3/22/2012)

But the first answer ISN'T true--it's reversed; the SQLAgentReaderRole is a member of the SQLAgentUserRole, given the terminology used here. I don't agree with that terminology, mind you, because it would be far too easy for a newbie to confuse logins that are members of a role with this nebulous idea of roles being members of other roles that the question introduces. I suspect this is why the linked article never uses this terminology!

Indeed, with simple elimination the correct answer could be deduced. Even if there's a typo in it.

How to post forum questions.
Need an answer? No, you need a question.
What’s the deal with Excel & SSIS?

Member of LinkedIn. My blog at LessThanDot.

MCSA SQL Server 2012 - MCSE Business Intelligence
Post #1270661
Posted Thursday, March 22, 2012 2:50 AM
SSC Eights!

Last Login: Thursday, December 18, 2014 7:05 AM
Thanks for the question. I think even with a small typo the answer was relatively straightforward. Three right in a row - I must be on a roll.
Post #1270669
Posted Thursday, March 22, 2012 3:02 AM

Ten Centuries

Ten CenturiesTen CenturiesTen CenturiesTen CenturiesTen CenturiesTen CenturiesTen CenturiesTen Centuries

Last Login: Monday, December 22, 2014 8:31 PM
Thank you for the easy and straight forward question....
Post #1270678
Posted Thursday, March 22, 2012 3:46 AM
SSCommitted

SSCommittedSSCommittedSSCommittedSSCommittedSSCommittedSSCommittedSSCommittedSSCommitted

Last Login: 2 days ago @ 11:14 AM
Why is the number of errors in Questions of the Day so great?
How are we supposed to interpret typographical errors?
I have yet to build the stored procedure SP_ESP so I simply did not treat SQLAgentAgentRole as a typographical error - I treated it as a distractor.

A message to Steve Jones: Steve, appoint a named reader of every QotD before questions are used on the site. Otherwise, SACK those question-writers who do not read their submissions properly.

One thing is for sure - all those submitters of duff questions will not be recommended to my clients - no doubt their coding is as error-prone as their questions.

Kenneth Spencer

You never know: reading my book: "All about your computer" might just tell you something you never knew!
lulu.com/kaspencer
Post #1270694
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

Add to briefcase 1234»»»

Permissions Expand / Collapse