Click here to monitor SSC
SQLServerCentral is supported by Red Gate Software Ltd.

Home       Members    Calendar    Who's On

Add to briefcase «««123

Cleaning up Replication Monitor Expand / Collapse
Author
Forum Newbie

Forum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum Newbie

Group: General Forum Members
Last Login: Thursday, July 10, 2014 7:27 AM
I have had similar problems on a sql2k replication subsystem. Removal of subscriptions from a publication deadlocked+killed, leaving orphaned subscriber info on the distributor.

Replication monitor reports the subscription from distribution database, but publication does not think there are any (until an error is thrown when attempting to delete).
Recreating the subscriber completed ok, but when attempting to delete the new the publication again the new subscription info was removed & an error thrown at the orphaned data again.

To resolve, I went to the distribution database on the distributor & checked for the relevant subscriber in mssubscriptions & found the article data from msarticles
this allowed me to successfully use sp_msdrop_subscription to remove the orphaned data.

After that removal of the publication was ok.
Post #1332940
Posted Friday, November 23, 2012 1:09 PM
Forum Newbie

Forum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum Newbie

Last Login: Today @ 4:07 AM
nuwins solution is Perfect, worked perfectly!
Post #1388245
Posted Wednesday, June 12, 2013 7:44 PM
Grasshopper

GrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopper

Last Login: Saturday, June 21, 2014 10:18 PM
I Know it is bit late, but may help someone in future.

Delete related publication entries from following tables. This will clean up Replication monitor. Please make sure you delete the old publisher(which doesn't exist any more) and not the current one.

select * from distribution..MSpublications

-- delete from distribution..MSpublications where publication_id = **

select * from [distribution].[dbo].[MSsnapshot_agents]

-- delete from [distribution].[dbo].[MSsnapshot_agents] where id = **
Post #1462881
Posted Thursday, June 20, 2013 10:15 PM
Grasshopper

GrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopper

Last Login: Friday, May 9, 2014 1:52 PM
I just clean up the very old publication's from the replication monitor using this tables. Thanks!
Post #1466029
Posted Monday, August 4, 2014 8:06 AM
Forum Newbie

Last Login: Monday, August 4, 2014 8:02 AM
you should delete a row in table [distribution].[dbo].[MSsnapshot_agents], the database distribution is in system's database.
Post #1599273
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

Add to briefcase «««123

Permissions Expand / Collapse