Click here to monitor SSC
SQLServerCentral is supported by Red Gate Software Ltd.

Home       Members    Calendar    Who's On

Add to briefcase ««123»»

Cleaning up Replication Monitor Expand / Collapse
Author
Forum Newbie

Forum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum Newbie

Group: General Forum Members
Last Login: Wednesday, June 11, 2014 2:50 PM
I would still try what Nuwins suggests. If you're having the same problem as the others on here, we didn't have an issue with the subscription, but rather the publication was still showing up when it is actually not there. This is really just a way to trick SQL. I believe once you delete a server with subscriptions on it, it contacts the distribution server and deletes those subscriptions; however, the publications can still exist. I could be wrong though.
Post #549268
Posted Friday, August 8, 2008 1:18 PM
SSC Journeyman

SSC JourneymanSSC JourneymanSSC JourneymanSSC JourneymanSSC JourneymanSSC JourneymanSSC JourneymanSSC Journeyman

Last Login: Wednesday, September 29, 2010 1:53 PM
This same thing has happened to me and what resolved it in my case was to open up the MSreplication_agent_status table in tempdb and delete a record that had a publication named the same as the one I had been trying to get rid of in the first place. No more red Xs!

Post #549545
Posted Tuesday, March 31, 2009 8:31 AM
Forum Newbie

Forum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum Newbie

Last Login: Tuesday, July 8, 2014 10:24 AM
I also had to remove remenents of the subscription from the distribution database. Tables: MSsubscriptions and MSpublications
Post #687099
Posted Friday, March 5, 2010 5:59 AM
Forum Newbie

Last Login: Wednesday, August 31, 2011 4:54 AM
Take a look at distribution.dbo.MSReplication_Monitordata as well. It may indicate that you have a logreader agent still set up. I had to remove it from the MSlogreader_agents table in order for my monitor to stop reporting a replication issue when there wasn't any.

EDIT: SQL2005
Post #877561
Posted Friday, March 5, 2010 6:35 AM
Forum Newbie

Last Login: Monday, October 14, 2013 9:25 PM
Nice solution, added a merge publication with the same name and was able to clear replication monitor. Thanks again!
Post #877584
Posted Tuesday, April 6, 2010 9:25 AM
Forum Newbie

Last Login: Wednesday, December 5, 2012 11:09 AM
Nice !!
Adding a new Publication with the name and the deleting it worked perfectly.
Many Thanks
Post #897633
Posted Friday, August 6, 2010 7:40 AM
Forum Newbie

Last Login: Saturday, February 18, 2012 12:10 AM
Bravo...I'm gratified with your solution. It worked...
Post #965151
Posted Thursday, January 6, 2011 10:40 AM
Mr or Mrs. 500

Mr or Mrs. 500Mr or Mrs. 500Mr or Mrs. 500Mr or Mrs. 500Mr or Mrs. 500Mr or Mrs. 500Mr or Mrs. 500Mr or Mrs. 500

Last Login: Sunday, July 20, 2014 1:08 PM
what about if you just remove the publication from the table select * from MSpublications , would that work too?
Post #1043882
Posted Friday, April 22, 2011 2:45 AM
Old Hand

Old HandOld HandOld HandOld HandOld HandOld HandOld HandOld Hand

Last Login: Today @ 6:11 AM
I got the same problem on a SQL Server 2008, a general database failure (the files got deleted and the database was put offline by sql server at the same time)occured yesterday in 1 of our non-critical databases.
It was quickly restored but the replication was unable to work again, after spending a few hours looking I found out a new publication had been created on the restored database and that this was conflicting with the publication from for the crash.

This was strange since our company policy in such cases says that the old publication has to be removed and recreated. We found out that we could recreate the publication under the old name but their were still problems. Deleting it kept it in the replication monitor, this morning I once again recreated the publication under the same name and deleted it and the publication was removed in replication monitor.
Post #1097366
Posted Thursday, October 13, 2011 6:02 AM
Forum Newbie

Last Login: Wednesday, June 6, 2012 6:21 AM
Old thread but the trick of creating a new subscription to the same target box and then cleaning it up using exec sp_dropmergesubscription worked for me too.
Replication monitor is not clean and not reporting any errors.

Oh, and I am under 2008R2
Post #1189758
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

Add to briefcase ««123»»

Permissions Expand / Collapse