Click here to monitor SSC
SQLServerCentral is supported by Red Gate Software Ltd.

Home       Members    Calendar    Who's On

Add to briefcase

How To Generate the deployment script wiht the binary string? Expand / Collapse
Author

SSChampion

SSChampionSSChampionSSChampionSSChampionSSChampionSSChampionSSChampionSSChampionSSChampionSSChampion

Group: General Forum Members
Last Login: Today @ 2:35 PM
I've been fiddling around with some cutesy export functions via CLR;
I've been able to use Visual Studio to deploy my project, and I can also script stuff out and pass the path to the dll i created;

i've seen some other TSQL only deployment scritps that look something like this:

CREATE ASSEMBLY [RegEx]
AUTHORIZATION [dbo]
FROM 0x4D5A900{snip!}
WITH PERMISSION_SET = SAFE

How can you generate the suite of commands to deploy a dll that way?
all i can think of is the "hard" way, of loading the dll as a varbinary, then selecting it and copy pasting the value, and hten adding all the scripts for each procedure in the dll.

is there an easier way?
/****** Object:  StoredProcedure [dbo].[CLR_ExportTableToHTML]    Script Date: 02/27/2012 09:28:31 ******/
CREATE PROCEDURE [dbo].[CLR_ExportTableToHTML]
@TableName [nvarchar](4000),
@FilePath [nvarchar](4000),
@IncludeHeaders [int],
@FileName [nvarchar](4000),
@Title [nvarchar](4000),
@Summary [nvarchar](4000),
@HTMLStyle [int]
WITH EXECUTE AS CALLER
AS
EXTERNAL NAME [Lowell.FavoriteCLRS].[Lowell.FavoriteCLRS.FavoriteCLRs].[CLR_ExportTableToHTML]
GO

EXEC sys.sp_addextendedproperty @name=N'AutoDeployed', @value=N'yes' , @level0type=N'SCHEMA',@level0name=N'dbo', @level1type=N'PROCEDURE',@level1name=N'CLR_ExportTableToHTML'
GO

EXEC sys.sp_addextendedproperty @name=N'SqlAssemblyFile', @value=N'FavoriteCLRs.vb' , @level0type=N'SCHEMA',@level0name=N'dbo', @level1type=N'PROCEDURE',@level1name=N'CLR_ExportTableToHTML'
GO

EXEC sys.sp_addextendedproperty @name=N'SqlAssemblyFileLine', @value=252 , @level0type=N'SCHEMA',@level0name=N'dbo', @level1type=N'PROCEDURE',@level1name=N'CLR_ExportTableToHTML'
GO

Lowell

--There is no spoon, and there's no default ORDER BY in sql server either.
Actually, Common Sense is so rare, it should be considered a Superpower. --my son
Post #1258245
Posted Wednesday, March 21, 2012 7:39 AM

Ten Centuries

Ten CenturiesTen CenturiesTen CenturiesTen CenturiesTen CenturiesTen CenturiesTen CenturiesTen Centuries

Last Login: 2 days ago @ 5:50 AM

If you select the Build...Deploy option in VS (at least in VS 2010), then Visual studio creates the deployment .SQL in the bin/debug or bin/release directory along with your DLL. Just edit that file to create your deployment script.

However you do need a local database where the deployment will work.

Or you can load the assembly into a local database as a DLL file, then select the binary from sys.assembly_files - the content field is the binary you are looking for.

Post #1270159
Posted Wednesday, March 21, 2012 7:58 AM

SSChampion

SSChampionSSChampionSSChampionSSChampionSSChampionSSChampionSSChampionSSChampionSSChampionSSChampion

Last Login: Today @ 2:35 PM
Tom Brown (3/21/2012)

If you select the Build...Deploy option in VS (at least in VS 2010), then Visual studio creates the deployment .SQL in the bin/debug or bin/release directory along with your DLL. Just edit that file to create your deployment script.

However you do need a local database where the deployment will work.

Or you can load the assembly into a local database as a DLL file, then select the binary from sys.assembly_files - the content field is the binary you are looking for.

Thanks Tom;
I also found out after this post that you can right click and script the Assemblies in SSMS;
Embarssingly, I was creating the scripts like that manually....loading the dll into a varbinary, selecting it to script....copy paste into my model...

i learned a little bit after this one.

Lowell

--There is no spoon, and there's no default ORDER BY in sql server either.
Actually, Common Sense is so rare, it should be considered a Superpower. --my son
Post #1270178
Posted Wednesday, March 21, 2012 8:05 AM

Ten Centuries

Ten CenturiesTen CenturiesTen CenturiesTen CenturiesTen CenturiesTen CenturiesTen CenturiesTen Centuries

Last Login: 2 days ago @ 5:50 AM
I should have figured. The post was a month old.

Just getting into CLR stuff myself, all sorts of complexities to keep me occupied
Post #1270184
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

Add to briefcase

Permissions Expand / Collapse