Click here to monitor SSC
SQLServerCentral is supported by Red Gate Software Ltd.

Home       Members    Calendar    Who's On

Add to briefcase «««1234

HierarchyID performance problems... Really??? Expand / Collapse
Author
Grasshopper

GrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopper

Group: General Forum Members
Last Login: Monday, October 6, 2014 12:44 AM
I used this but only on my Test Box, With small data. I think no problem will be there if we will use indexes for both depth first search and breadth first search as per the requirement.
Post #1438765
Posted Thursday, April 4, 2013 7:42 AM

SSC-Dedicated

SSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-Dedicated

Group: General Forum Members
Last Login: Yesterday @ 8:02 PM
princerastogi (4/4/2013)
I used this but only on my Test Box, With small data. I think no problem will be there if we will use indexes for both depth first search and breadth first search as per the requirement.

Thanks for the feedback. I appreciate it.

As a bit of sidebar, there's almost never a performance problem with small data. I have code that will build a million row Adjacency List and to truly answer the question, I guess I'm just going to have to test it and find out for sure. Your response also reminds me to test for resources used by indexes no matter what method is used. Thank you.

--Jeff Moden
"RBAR is pronounced "ree-bar" and is a "Modenism" for "Row-By-Agonizing-Row".

First step towards the paradigm shift of writing Set Based code:
Stop thinking about what you want to do to a row... think, instead, of what you want to do to a column."

(play on words) "Just because you CAN do something in T-SQL, doesn't mean you SHOULDN'T." --22 Aug 2013

Helpful Links:
How to post code problems
How to post performance problems
Post #1438806
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

Add to briefcase «««1234

Permissions Expand / Collapse