Click here to monitor SSC
SQLServerCentral is supported by Red Gate Software Ltd.
 
Log in  ::  Register  ::  Not logged in
 
 
 
        
Home       Members    Calendar    Who's On


Add to briefcase

Excel 2007 Add-in for Data Mining suddenly fails Expand / Collapse
Author
Message
Posted Saturday, September 17, 2011 7:26 PM
SSC Eights!

SSC Eights!SSC Eights!SSC Eights!SSC Eights!SSC Eights!SSC Eights!SSC Eights!SSC Eights!

Group: General Forum Members
Last Login: Today @ 7:51 PM
Points: 944, Visits: 5,949
I have a Virtual Machine with
Server 2003
SQL Server 2008 R2
Office 2007
Visual Studio 2008

... which worked fine for a while...

Like a knucklehead, I installed 2010 on it, and the data mining extensions for Excel failed. (Big surprise!)
Uninstalled 2010, reinstalled 2007, but still no joy. It seems that the 2010 install overwrote something and now the Data Mining Extensions in Excel no longer work.

Right now I'm thinking my best option is to rebuild the VM.

Sorry if this is more an Excel question... I'm just kind of baffled! Any pointers would help!

Thanks
Post #1176943
Posted Monday, September 19, 2011 4:20 PM
SSC Eights!

SSC Eights!SSC Eights!SSC Eights!SSC Eights!SSC Eights!SSC Eights!SSC Eights!SSC Eights!

Group: General Forum Members
Last Login: Today @ 7:51 PM
Points: 944, Visits: 5,949
FWIW, I rebuilt the VM, and only installed Ofc 2007, and it worked fine.
Post #1177541
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

Add to briefcase

Permissions Expand / Collapse