Click here to monitor SSC
SQLServerCentral is supported by Red Gate Software Ltd.

Home       Members    Calendar    Who's On

Add to briefcase ««12

Convert UTC datetime to LocalTime Zone. Expand / Collapse
Author
Posted Wednesday, September 7, 2011 7:31 AM
SSC Veteran

SSC VeteranSSC VeteranSSC VeteranSSC VeteranSSC VeteranSSC VeteranSSC VeteranSSC Veteran

Group: General Forum Members
Last Login: Wednesday, July 2, 2014 4:17 AM
specially lowell, i will try to manipulate the code u have given to me.
Post #1171061
Posted Saturday, January 11, 2014 4:41 PM
Right there with Babe

Right there with BabeRight there with BabeRight there with BabeRight there with BabeRight there with BabeRight there with BabeRight there with BabeRight there with Babe

Last Login: Thursday, July 31, 2014 7:04 PM
Our SQL Server is in Pacific
Our Time Recording system is in GMT

For each timezone, I need to run a report at 10:00 in the employee timezone or it could be 8:00 just depends want I want to do the report.

So if i choose 10:00 for users in Pacific Time Zone, the run time on our app will run at 6 PM
Central 4 PM

Table
Time Zone
Central Standard Time US/Central -6.00 12/15/13 10:00 AM 12/15/13 4:00 PM 12/15/13 8:00 AM

How to pass in RunTime Expected time 10:00 and it to return the time GMT, and PCT, CT etc for all time zones.

Post #1530070
Posted Sunday, January 12, 2014 11:09 AM

SSC-Dedicated

SSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-Dedicated

Last Login: Yesterday @ 6:12 PM
Sean Lange (9/6/2011)
That will work if all the users are in the same timezone as the server. Otherwise you will have to determine which timezone they are in.

Good point about the half hour. Isn't Newfoundland the only timezone where they do the funky half hour thing? I wonder how confusing time must be as a resident there when so many people forget.

IIRC, they've got some funky stuff with some half hour daylight savings time changes in some of the South Central states of the US.

And, yeah... I realize I responded to a 2 year old post. It still needed to be said.

--Jeff Moden
"RBAR is pronounced "ree-bar" and is a "Modenism" for "Row-By-Agonizing-Row".

First step towards the paradigm shift of writing Set Based code:
Stop thinking about what you want to do to a row... think, instead, of what you want to do to a column."

(play on words) "Just because you CAN do something in T-SQL, doesn't mean you SHOULDN'T." --22 Aug 2013

Helpful Links:
How to post code problems
How to post performance problems
Post #1530129
Posted Sunday, January 12, 2014 1:56 PM
Right there with Babe

Right there with BabeRight there with BabeRight there with BabeRight there with BabeRight there with BabeRight there with BabeRight there with BabeRight there with Babe

Last Login: Thursday, July 31, 2014 7:04 PM
I figured my coding out
Post #1530153
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

Add to briefcase ««12

Permissions Expand / Collapse