Click here to monitor SSC
SQLServerCentral is supported by Red Gate Software Ltd.

Home       Members    Calendar    Who's On

Add to briefcase

PerformancePoint 2010 Drill-Down General Guidance Expand / Collapse
Author
Forum Newbie

Forum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum Newbie

Group: General Forum Members
Last Login: Tuesday, August 30, 2011 1:43 PM
Hi All,

I'm new to cube development, and in particular trying to publish it to SharePoint via PerformancePoint. At this point I have a nice little cube and have created a fairly straight forward Analytic Grid Report. The last step that I need is to be able to click on the data cells, and drill-down to see the underlying values. The report is for a school system, and it's pretty straightforward:

Passed Failed

Test 1 10 3
Test 2 9 4

Where the #s represent the students that either passed or failed. All of this is working great, but I'm not sure about the best way to go to drill down to see the students for each test that either passed or failed. I'm starting to look in multiple directions and it's really confusing me. For instance, going back to Visual Studio and creating an Action looks like that could work, except that Actions don't appear to get imported into the PerformancePoint app. And the Analytic Grid Report doesn't appear to let you click on the data cells, but only wants to let me drill down through the row members, and that just brings back both Passed & Failed since they are both on that row. I started to look at creating KPIs and a Scorecard, but before I go down that road wanted to ask and see if somebody can just tell me "focus on actions/kpi's/whatever"...I don't mind putting int he research on whatever area, but would just appreciate a nudge in the right direction :).
Post #1114168
Posted Wednesday, May 25, 2011 4:16 AM

Old Hand

Old HandOld HandOld HandOld HandOld HandOld HandOld HandOld Hand

Group: General Forum Members
Last Login: Thursday, August 22, 2013 7:25 AM
Not sure what you are looking for exactly. Do you just want the detail records for what you are looking at for each of the numbers? If so then you can use the Show Details options on the cells and you can override the default behavior for this by creating your own Drillthrough actions in the cube and setting these to be the default in the Additional Properties section.

If you are not able to use the Show Details option because it is greyed out then it is most likely because you have multiple items selected in the background of the report or filtered in the background. Another reason Show Details will not work would be if you are looking at calculated measures. If it still isn't working then you will want to make sure that you have given the end-users the ability to use the drillthrough option in the cube security.

Here is an old post on the PPS Team blog that talks about drillthrough and action support - http://blogs.msdn.com/b/performancepoint/archive/2008/01/17/analysis-services-actions-and-drillthrough-capabilities-supported-in-performancepoint.aspx

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Dan English - http://denglishbi.wordpress.com
Post #1114612
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

Add to briefcase

Permissions Expand / Collapse