Click here to monitor SSC
SQLServerCentral is supported by Red Gate Software Ltd.

Home       Members    Calendar    Who's On

Add to briefcase ««12

Tablix Tutorial – Step 4 in the Stairway to Reporting Services Expand / Collapse
Author
Posted Wednesday, February 20, 2013 9:27 AM
SSC-Enthusiastic

SSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-Enthusiastic

Group: General Forum Members
Last Login: Wednesday, April 09, 2014 2:25 AM
Hi Jessica, I'm very new to SSRS and have been going through these tutorials and finding them great - thank you! I've an issue most probably a simple mistake on my part

Issue appeared when completing the Grouping section.

..You have multiple options, including Add Group. Select the Add Group option > Parent Group option, and select the desired column. Check the checkboxes to include a group header and footer in the Tablix group window..

The issue I have is the heading line is showing Group1 not OrderDate as per your figure 8:

How can I fix this? Again thanks for a great stairways series I'm looking forward to more..

Dan

MCTS | MCITP | Microsoft SQL Server 2008 Administration & Development
MCSA | MCSE | Business Intelligence SQL Server 2012
Post #1422150
Posted Wednesday, February 20, 2013 8:08 PM
Forum Newbie

Forum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum Newbie

Last Login: Monday, March 31, 2014 2:13 PM
Hi Dan,

Just click in the box and start typing. Or right click on the box, select Properties and replace the Value with your new header.

Good luck with your report!
Jessica
Post #1422380
Posted Thursday, February 21, 2013 4:47 AM
SSC-Enthusiastic

SSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-Enthusiastic

Last Login: Wednesday, April 09, 2014 2:25 AM
Hi Jessica,

Thanks for your help

My confusion was that as per your report I wanted the [OrderDate] field in the heading column. As a newbie to SSRS I was bringing up the wrong Properties window and when running the report through Report Manager I was getting the constant I'd input into the heading box. All sorted now..

Dan

MCTS | MCITP | Microsoft SQL Server 2008 Administration & Development
MCSA | MCSE | Business Intelligence SQL Server 2012
Post #1422500
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

Add to briefcase ««12

Permissions Expand / Collapse