Click here to monitor SSC
SQLServerCentral is supported by Red Gate Software Ltd.

Home       Members    Calendar    Who's On

Add to briefcase 12»»

To Create PDF from SQL stored procedure Expand / Collapse
Author
Forum Newbie

Forum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum Newbie

Group: General Forum Members
Last Login: Tuesday, May 29, 2012 11:27 AM
Hello

I Know how to create PDF file from sql stored procedure, but I want to put an image or a pic into the PDF.

I hope you guys can help, Thanks.
Post #1076869
Posted Friday, March 11, 2011 8:02 AM

SSChampion

SSChampionSSChampionSSChampionSSChampionSSChampionSSChampionSSChampionSSChampionSSChampionSSChampion

Last Login: Yesterday @ 2:22 PM
kurt your going to have to provide a lot more information, i think you need to "think outside of the box" on this one.

you can create a pdf from raw text, I can post an example of that, but as soon as you want formatting/images/ anything other than raw text, you are really talking about using something (Internet explorer for html, excel,word, etc),
and then converting a saved document from that medium to a pdf. it's something i've done in .NET and other languages, but it's not a one line wonder in TSQL, AFAIK.

tell us your real requirement...is it a report from Reporting Services you want to pdf for example?
what are you trying to do specifically?

Lowell

--There is no spoon, and there's no default ORDER BY in sql server either.
Actually, Common Sense is so rare, it should be considered a Superpower. --my son
Post #1076894
Posted Friday, March 11, 2011 8:16 AM
Forum Newbie

Forum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum Newbie

Hi
Post #1076907
Posted Friday, March 11, 2011 8:22 AM
Forum Newbie

Hi There

I really need is send a PDF File with some information, I have a TRIGGER to tell me when the Purchase Order change to approved, so I make the PDF file with the name of the provider and the number, ok. Also I Should want the LOGO of my company into de PDF.

Post #1076911
Posted Friday, March 11, 2011 8:27 AM

SSC-Insane

SSC-InsaneSSC-InsaneSSC-InsaneSSC-InsaneSSC-InsaneSSC-InsaneSSC-InsaneSSC-InsaneSSC-InsaneSSC-InsaneSSC-Insane

Last Login: 2 days ago @ 11:14 AM
That should all be handled by that app that takes the order, not a job for sql server.
Post #1076920
Posted Friday, March 11, 2011 8:32 AM
Forum Newbie

It Should, but I dont have the code source.
Post #1076927
Posted Friday, March 11, 2011 8:35 AM

SSChampion

SSChampionSSChampionSSChampionSSChampionSSChampionSSChampionSSChampionSSChampionSSChampionSSChampion

not enough information kurt; remember we are not in your cube, looking over your shoulder, knowing what you know.

a purchase order is a form with a specific layout. it's not some generic object that we know what it looks like in TSQL. where does the purchase order model reside?
RTF? Word? Quicken? Quickbooks? Great Plains? doesn't your application that takes the orders have the ability to generate/print that document?

Lowell

Actually, Common Sense is so rare, it should be considered a Superpower. --my son
Post #1076931
Posted Friday, March 11, 2011 8:36 AM

SSC-Insane

SSC-InsaneSSC-InsaneSSC-InsaneSSC-InsaneSSC-InsaneSSC-InsaneSSC-InsaneSSC-InsaneSSC-InsaneSSC-InsaneSSC-Insane

Last Login: 2 days ago @ 11:14 AM
Then write a service or another app that process the orders and sends the pdfs.

That should NOT be handled by SQL Server.
Post #1076932
Posted Friday, March 11, 2011 8:48 AM
Forum Newbie

I just need when generate mi pdf file from sql server, puta image like background into the pdf. Its that possible?
Post #1076950
Posted Friday, March 11, 2011 9:36 AM

SSChampion

kurtdevotto (3/11/2011)
I just need when generate mi pdf file from sql server, puta image like background into the pdf. Its that possible?

no. not possible.

if it's not raw text, it must be done outside of SQL server if it must be a pdf.

you could generate an html document in TSQL, with links to images or embedded in an email, but not a pdf.

Lowell

Post #1077001
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

Add to briefcase 12»»

Permissions Expand / Collapse