Click here to monitor SSC
SQLServerCentral is supported by Red Gate Software Ltd.

Home       Members    Calendar    Who's On

Add to briefcase

Password change Expand / Collapse
Author
Posted Monday, February 14, 2011 10:36 PM
SSC Rookie

SSC RookieSSC RookieSSC RookieSSC RookieSSC RookieSSC RookieSSC RookieSSC Rookie

Group: General Forum Members
Last Login: 2 days ago @ 2:48 AM
Hi,
I have created a DDL trigger that would send me a mail as soon as someone try to change the password of any login in SQL Server.I thought its very simple .The issue here is I am getting mail for all alter login event (for example if somebody changes the default database ,disable or enable the login etc). I want to filter it only to password change ,say if someone edits the password I need to get a notification.How to achieve it.Give me a full code for me
Post #1064009
Posted Tuesday, February 15, 2011 12:00 PM

SSChasing Mays

SSChasing MaysSSChasing MaysSSChasing MaysSSChasing MaysSSChasing MaysSSChasing MaysSSChasing MaysSSChasing Mays

Last Login: Thursday, March 6, 2014 7:07 AM
I don't think you can do that. Maybe need more explication.The only password you can maybe track is SQL Account. You want verify for change after the first connection ? or any time the users can change her own password
Post #1064485
Posted Tuesday, February 15, 2011 11:02 PM
SSC Rookie

SSC RookieSSC RookieSSC RookieSSC RookieSSC RookieSSC RookieSSC RookieSSC Rookie

Last Login: 2 days ago @ 2:48 AM
I tried [b]select loginproperty('loginame','passwordlastsettime')As 'passwordlasttime'
Its showing the last password change.
Post #1064721
Posted Thursday, February 24, 2011 5:33 AM

SSC-Enthusiastic

SSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-Enthusiastic

Last Login: Thursday, May 26, 2011 8:46 AM
Hi,

Can you please provide the script to send alerts for altering sql logins in sql server?

Sanket Ahir
Don't run behind the success, Try to be eligible & success will run behind u......
Post #1068851
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

Add to briefcase

Permissions Expand / Collapse