Click here to monitor SSC
SQLServerCentral is supported by Red Gate Software Ltd.

Home       Members    Calendar    Who's On

Add to briefcase «««23456»»»

The SSIS Data Pump - Step 2 of the Stairway to Integration Services Expand / Collapse
Author

Grasshopper

GrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopper

Group: General Forum Members
Last Login: Friday, June 15, 2012 5:37 AM
Hi Andy,

Thanks for the informative articles!

One quick question: what software application do you use? I have googled and googled, and googled some more. I am using SQL Server Management Studio 2008 R2 and I have Visual Studio 2010 Pro., but cannot find what I am looking for....

Thanks!
Corné
Post #1305755
Posted Thursday, May 24, 2012 6:09 AM

Grasshopper

GrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopper

Hi Andy,

Thanks for the informative articles!

One quick question: what software application do you use? I have googled and googled, and googled some more. I am using SQL Server Management Studio 2008 R2 and I have Visual Studio 2010 Pro., but cannot find what I am looking for....

Thanks!
Corné
Post #1305757
Posted Thursday, May 24, 2012 11:05 AM
Grasshopper

Last Login: Monday, August 25, 2014 7:35 AM
cleroux (5/24/2012)

I have googled and googled, and googled some more ..., but cannot find what I am looking for....

Corné

What are you looking for?
Post #1306018
Posted Thursday, May 24, 2012 1:13 PM

Old Hand

Old HandOld HandOld HandOld HandOld HandOld HandOld HandOld Hand

Last Login: 2 days ago @ 6:49 PM
Hi Corné,

In this series, we are using Microsoft SQL Server 2008 R2 Business Intelligence Development Studio. In the very first article in the series, I cover where to find this application. If you do not have SQL Server 2008 R2 client workstation tools installed, you cannot perform the examples provided in this series.

Hope this helps,
Andy

Andy Leonard
CSO, Linchpin People
Follow me on Twitter: @AndyLeonard
Post #1306096
Posted Friday, May 25, 2012 1:14 AM

Grasshopper

Hi Andy,

Thanks for getting back to me. I am really excited to do your lessons!

Corné
Post #1306348
Posted Wednesday, September 12, 2012 5:36 AM
SSC Rookie

SSC RookieSSC RookieSSC RookieSSC RookieSSC RookieSSC RookieSSC RookieSSC Rookie

Last Login: Friday, August 1, 2014 9:20 AM
I guess I am getting into this game a little late but just started the articles since they were in the latest daily newsletter. Just read the Part 1 and just about to start Part 2 when I noticed one of the first lines said "In our last installment (Part 1 – BIDS) you learned your way around Business Intelligence Development Studio and you are now itching to build an SSIS package that moves real data!". Did I miss something or is there another article on BIDS? I use BIDS almost daily for SSRS but have never used it for Integration Services.
Post #1357911
Posted Wednesday, September 12, 2012 1:36 PM

Old Hand

macrocharlie (9/12/2012)
Did I miss something or is there another article on BIDS? I use BIDS almost daily for SSRS but have never used it for Integration Services.

Hi MacroCharlie,

You did not miss anything, but I sure did. You found a typo. Actually, a missed edit. When we started this series, I started writing the first three articles together. I wrote a couple / three versions of "Part 1" and one of them was entitled "BIDS". I later re-wrote and renamed the first article, but didn't catch this edit. It's an error and I apologize for it.

:{>

Andy Leonard
CSO, Linchpin People
Post #1358192
Posted Friday, October 12, 2012 7:33 AM
Forum Newbie

Forum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum Newbie

Last Login: Friday, October 25, 2013 4:25 AM
Hi, thanks for these articles.

When you say: "Open (or create) the SSIS project named My_First_SSIS_Project from SSIS Quickstart: Business Intelligence Development Studio and Your First SSIS Project.", are you implying that we've already downloaded/installed some samples? If so, where from?

Many thanks.
Post #1372120
Posted Friday, October 12, 2012 12:06 PM

Old Hand

russgriff (10/12/2012)
Hi, thanks for these articles.

When you say: "Open (or create) the SSIS project named My_First_SSIS_Project from SSIS Quickstart: Business Intelligence Development Studio and Your First SSIS Project.", are you implying that we've already downloaded/installed some samples? If so, where from?

Many thanks.

Hi Russ,

You found a typo. I wrote a couple versions of the first article in this series. An earlier (unpublished) version was titled "SSIS Quickstart: Business Intelligence Development Studio and Your First SSIS Project." Please create the SSIS solution where you read that instruction.

Thank you (and apologies),
Andy

Andy Leonard
CSO, Linchpin People
Post #1372312
Posted Saturday, October 13, 2012 4:26 AM
Forum Newbie

Forum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum Newbie

Last Login: Friday, October 25, 2013 4:25 AM
Cool, thanks. Great articles though
Post #1372410
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

Add to briefcase «««23456»»»

Permissions Expand / Collapse