I created this script in a hurry so if you have alterations that will make it more efficient they are welcome. The problem was I had a developer ask me how do i find a row with the most data as an update statement was stopping because it had exceeded the 8060 size. So I quickly put this together, hacking some portions from another script I wrote to output data into insert statements.
Copy the script into a query analyser window. Use the 'select name from sysobjects ....' (in the configuration section) to get the table name. Then run the 'sp_help' on the table to work out a id field that you can then goto to fix the data.
Run the script and it will proceed an output of commands you can copy to another window to run. You should see an output like the following
This hasn't been fully tested with all data types but it was promising as it fixed the issue, i've run this under SQL 2000.