Click here to monitor SSC
SQLServerCentral is supported by Red Gate Software Ltd.

Home       Members    Calendar    Who's On

Add to briefcase

Using COM to Encrypt Passwords Expand / Collapse
Author
Posted Sunday, September 9, 2001 12:00 AM
SSC Veteran

SSC VeteranSSC VeteranSSC VeteranSSC VeteranSSC VeteranSSC VeteranSSC VeteranSSC Veteran

Group: General Forum Members
Last Login: Wednesday, October 2, 2013 9:26 AM
Comments posted to this topic are about the content posted at http://www.sqlservercentral.com/columnists/rsharma/comencrytptpw.asp
Post #992
Posted Monday, September 10, 2001 12:11 PM
Forum Newbie

Forum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum Newbie

Last Login: Friday, October 14, 2005 8:51 AM
Nice walk-thru. We have long been wanting to do this but hadn't had the time to think thru the solution. Would you recommend we replace the encrypt.dll with our own algorithm? Did you create the encrypt.dll?

Post #21409
Posted Monday, September 17, 2001 9:35 PM
Forum Newbie

Forum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum Newbie

Last Login: Wednesday, February 4, 2004 9:35 PM
Great article. I've thought about designing some form of password encryption, but just haven't had the time. Is the encrypt.dll something you created? Is it possible to get the source? I'd be interested to see the inner workings of the dll.

Post #21410
Posted Friday, December 7, 2001 11:48 PM
SSC Rookie

SSC RookieSSC RookieSSC RookieSSC RookieSSC RookieSSC RookieSSC RookieSSC Rookie

Last Login: Monday, March 31, 2014 8:28 AM
It would nice if the code for the DLL were posted. It appears the DLL only matches of the first three characters. Am I missing something or am I correct?

Post #21411
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

Add to briefcase

Permissions Expand / Collapse