Click here to monitor SSC
SQLServerCentral is supported by Red Gate Software Ltd.

Home       Members    Calendar    Who's On

Add to briefcase

MOVE SSIS PACKAGES from Development to Production server... Expand / Collapse
Author
Posted Wednesday, August 11, 2010 6:55 PM
Grasshopper

GrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopper

Group: General Forum Members
Last Login: Tuesday, November 02, 2010 10:14 AM
Hi Guys

I am new to SSIS

Current situation in company

They have SSIS packages which are already been deployed in production server, But 2day we found one package in that to be edited and i edited and now the package works perfect in the development environment..

My concern is how could I replace or deploy my new SSIS package in production server
without deploying all SSIS packages in the project/solution that have been deployed already to Server?

And also the Production is in remote location... plzz help...
Post #967897
Posted Thursday, August 12, 2010 8:40 AM

SSC-Enthusiastic

SSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-Enthusiastic

Last Login: Thursday, February 03, 2011 7:44 AM
sql_freak (8/11/2010)
Hi Guys

I am new to SSIS

Current situation in company

They have SSIS packages which are already been deployed in production server, But 2day we found one package in that to be edited and i edited and now the package works perfect in the development environment..

My concern is how could I replace or deploy my new SSIS package in production server
without deploying all SSIS packages in the project/solution that have been deployed already to Server?

And also the Production is in remote location... plzz help...

How the SSIS packages were deployed in production? Are they stored in some network folder?
In that you can just overwrite the existing package which you have modified with the newer version.

BASKAR BV
http://geekswithblogs.net/baskibv/Default.aspx
In life, as in football, you won’t go far unless you know where the goalposts are.
Post #968227
Posted Thursday, August 12, 2010 9:18 AM
Grasshopper

GrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopper

Last Login: Tuesday, November 02, 2010 10:14 AM
Thanks alot bhaskar.
Post #968287
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

Add to briefcase

Permissions Expand / Collapse