Click here to monitor SSC
SQLServerCentral is supported by Red Gate Software Ltd.

Home       Members    Calendar    Who's On

Add to briefcase

The mail could not be sent to the recipients because of the mail server failure. Expand / Collapse
Author
SSC-Enthusiastic

SSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-Enthusiastic

Group: General Forum Members
Last Login: Wednesday, January 22, 2014 3:43 AM
Hi Friends,

I am going to configure the Database mail notification on my SQL Server 2005. I have configured it while i am going to send test mail i am getting an error message,

Date 7/22/2010 12:17:48 PM
Log Database Mail (Database Mail Log)

Log ID 53
Process ID 1752
Mail Item ID 16
Last Modified 7/22/2010 12:17:48 PM
Last Modified By sa

The mail could not be sent to the recipients because of the mail server failure. (Sending Mail using Account 5 (2010-07-22T12:17:48). Exception Message: Could not connect to mail server. (No such host is known).
)

pls help me out by this problem. I also checked my firwall there is also prot no. is not blocked. Still i m not getting messagges on my mail.

Thanks in Advance.
M.I.

Learning is a path with no destination...

Post #956956
Posted Thursday, July 22, 2010 5:28 AM

SSChampion

SSChampionSSChampionSSChampionSSChampionSSChampionSSChampionSSChampionSSChampionSSChampionSSChampion

Last Login: Today @ 6:44 AM
okiftequar (7/22/2010)
Exception Message: Could not connect to mail server. (No such host is known).
)

that error is usually because the url to the mail server is incorrect, or there's no connectivity at all;
your setup should look something like this:

what is the value you put in for the server?

Lowell

--There is no spoon, and there's no default ORDER BY in sql server either.
Actually, Common Sense is so rare, it should be considered a Superpower. --my son
Post #957079
Posted Tuesday, August 9, 2011 6:53 AM
Old Hand

Old HandOld HandOld HandOld HandOld HandOld HandOld HandOld Hand

Last Login: Friday, September 6, 2013 5:15 AM
hi folks,

can anyone help regarding this issue which i've attached. some people are not receiving automated mails. But am able to send the test mail from the same profile..

TIA..

Post Attachments 
DBMAIL.png (107 views, 52.42 KB)
Post #1156798
Posted Tuesday, August 9, 2011 7:05 AM

SSC-Insane

SSC-InsaneSSC-InsaneSSC-InsaneSSC-InsaneSSC-InsaneSSC-InsaneSSC-InsaneSSC-InsaneSSC-InsaneSSC-InsaneSSC-Insane

Last Login: Wednesday, October 8, 2014 4:15 AM
srinath.vanama (8/9/2011)
hi folks,

can anyone help regarding this issue which i've attached. some people are not receiving automated mails. But am able to send the test mail from the same profile..

TIA..

Please start a new thread after testing google. I'd bet a lot that it knows the answer to that one.
Post #1156808
Posted Tuesday, August 9, 2011 7:29 AM

SSChampion

SSChampionSSChampionSSChampionSSChampionSSChampionSSChampionSSChampionSSChampionSSChampionSSChampion

Last Login: Today @ 6:44 AM
the errors pretty straight forward, i think:

you probably have an exchange server, and in the From Address of the profile you created, you have (for example) "srinath.vanama" instead of "srinath.vanama@yourdomain.com", so it works for some internal tests, as Exchange converts it to teh proper email, but not for external emails.

Lowell

--There is no spoon, and there's no default ORDER BY in sql server either.
Actually, Common Sense is so rare, it should be considered a Superpower. --my son
Post #1156837
Posted Wednesday, August 10, 2011 3:01 AM
SSC Journeyman

SSC JourneymanSSC JourneymanSSC JourneymanSSC JourneymanSSC JourneymanSSC JourneymanSSC JourneymanSSC Journeyman

Last Login: Friday, October 17, 2014 7:51 AM
Hey!
Check this link: http://sqlwithmanoj.wordpress.com/2010/09/29/database-mail-setup-sql-server-2005/
Perform all steps mentioned in the blog post.

Also try out pointing your mail server to GMAIL, check if its working properly or not.

~manoj
sqlwithmanoj.wordpress.com
Post #1157466
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

Add to briefcase

Permissions Expand / Collapse