Click here to monitor SSC
SQLServerCentral is supported by Red Gate Software Ltd.

Home       Members    Calendar    Who's On

Add to briefcase 12»»

Change the Language for SSIS Script Task Expand / Collapse
Author

SSC Eights!

SSC Eights!SSC Eights!SSC Eights!SSC Eights!SSC Eights!SSC Eights!SSC Eights!SSC Eights!

Group: General Forum Members
Last Login: Yesterday @ 6:04 PM
How can I change the OOP language that SSIS uses for things like the Script task? Mine comes up to use C#. I can use that, and that is the language that I program with. But it seems that all the examples and samples that I am finding are written in VB.NET.

Thank you in advance
Andrew SQLDBA
Post #942127
Posted Wednesday, June 23, 2010 11:25 PM

Ten Centuries

Ten CenturiesTen CenturiesTen CenturiesTen CenturiesTen CenturiesTen CenturiesTen CenturiesTen Centuries

Last Login: 2 days ago @ 4:39 AM
Hi,

In the Script Task Component you will find a property by the name "ScriptLanguage"
This property can be set to either C# or VB

Regards/Raunak
Now a member of Linkedin

Please visit the all new Performance Point Forum
Please visit the all new Data Mining and Business Analytics Forum
Post #942225
Posted Friday, June 25, 2010 6:04 AM
SSC-Enthusiastic

SSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-Enthusiastic

Last Login: 2 days ago @ 9:26 AM
Just to add to what Raunak said - you can ONLY select the script language when you create a new Script Task; once you've clicked on Edit Script the language is set.

C# is the initial default, but if you mostly use VB you can change the default to that via Tools | Options, then scroll down to Business Intelligence Designers | Integration Intelligence Designers. (Yes it is fairly well hidden )
Post #942989
Posted Friday, December 17, 2010 4:01 AM
SSC-Enthusiastic

SSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-Enthusiastic

Last Login: Tuesday, February 05, 2013 8:01 AM
In the ScriptLanguage option I only have VB.Net, how can I add c#

thanks
Post #1036441
Posted Friday, December 17, 2010 9:13 AM
SSC-Enthusiastic

AIRWALKER, which version of SQL Server do you use? SQL Server 2008 SSIS supports both VB.NET and C#.NET, but earlier versions only supported VB.NET (or plain old VB if you go far enough back).
Post #1036602
Posted Friday, December 17, 2010 9:36 AM
SSC-Enthusiastic

Last Login: Tuesday, February 05, 2013 8:01 AM
David Data (12/17/2010)
AIRWALKER, which version of SQL Server do you use? SQL Server 2008 SSIS supports both VB.NET and C#.NET, but earlier versions only supported VB.NET (or plain old VB if you go far enough back).

I'm using sql 2008 R2

thanks
Post #1036613
Posted Friday, December 17, 2010 12:58 PM
SSC Rookie

SSC RookieSSC RookieSSC RookieSSC RookieSSC RookieSSC RookieSSC RookieSSC Rookie

Last Login: Saturday, November 16, 2013 9:38 AM
From the menu bar Tools>Options:

In the Options dialog box, select Integration Services Designers under the Business Intelligence Designers, in the left panel. Then select the language in the Language drop down Script panel.

@ David Data
Woops! I missed your post.
Post #1036716
Posted Thursday, February 17, 2011 11:00 AM
Forum Newbie

Forum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum Newbie

Last Login: Wednesday, June 20, 2012 6:37 PM
Thanks guys

I've been racking my brains trying to find out where to change this option...

Thanks again
Post #1065868
Posted Wednesday, March 28, 2012 8:37 AM
SSC-Addicted

SSC-AddictedSSC-AddictedSSC-AddictedSSC-AddictedSSC-AddictedSSC-AddictedSSC-AddictedSSC-Addicted

Last Login: Thursday, April 10, 2014 10:03 AM
Hi
First I choosen the C# when I writing the code in c# I got struct
So how will I change the language from c# to vb.net with out removing the script task
After changing the language in the designer
options-->tolls-->business intelligence designer--->integaration intelligence designer
stil shows c# only

Thanks...
Post #1274354
Posted Wednesday, March 28, 2012 8:52 AM
SSC-Enthusiastic

Once you have started writing a script, you can't change the language in that task.

What you'll have to do is create a new script task, set the language you want BEFORE you do any editing, then copy what you've done already into it.
Post #1274366
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

Add to briefcase 12»»

Permissions Expand / Collapse