Click here to monitor SSC
SQLServerCentral is supported by Red Gate Software Ltd.

Home       Members    Calendar    Who's On

Add to briefcase

What are the minimum SQL 2008 permissions for SharePoint 2007? Expand / Collapse
Author
Old Hand

Old HandOld HandOld HandOld HandOld HandOld HandOld HandOld Hand

Group: General Forum Members
Last Login: Tuesday, July 8, 2014 6:05 AM
Sorry, I posted in the wrong forum earlier... My bad.

Our shop is new to SharePoint, but we have experience with SQL Server. We plan to install SharePoint 2007 with SQL Server 2008 on Windows Server 2008.

What are the minimum SQL Server security requirements for installing and running SharePoint 2007? (Our SharePoint admin used his Administator account to install the software in a sandbox environment, and he used his Adminstrator account to run the SharePoint service account as well. I'm thinking something much privileged would be desired.)

Are the requirements the same for "running" and "installing" SharePoint?

I would like to provision the least amount of database privilege necessary in order to prevent unexpected, brand new databases being created without warning by our SharePoint admin. If at all possible, I would like confugure the database server in such a way to enforce the idea of consulting the Database team prior to any database changes taking place. Is that possible?

Post #931267
Posted Tuesday, September 4, 2012 1:55 PM
Grasshopper

GrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopper

Group: General Forum Members
Last Login: Wednesday, May 28, 2014 9:06 AM
The lowest I have seen work would be dbcreator and securityadmin roles.

Good luck

-A

Abdel Ougnou
Post #1354160
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

Add to briefcase

Permissions Expand / Collapse