Click here to monitor SSC
SQLServerCentral is supported by Red Gate Software Ltd.

Home       Members    Calendar    Who's On

Add to briefcase

Some minor problems with grammar. Expand / Collapse
Author
Grasshopper

GrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopper

Group: General Forum Members
Last Login: Thursday, May 8, 2014 5:22 AM
Hi Mike, great code!
It works fine for me in general but I´m having problems when a word begins with "and" or with "or" like "orthopedics".
I´ve change, in SearchGrammar.cs OrOperator.Rule = Symbol("or") for OrOperator.Rule = Symbol("or ") (note the blank space after the "or") and it works, but I´m not sure its a good solution.
I´m also having problems is with one letter words, if you search "when I grow up" doesn´t return any result, but if you search "when grow up" it returns matching records including the one who has "when I grow up". FORMSOF (INFLECTIONAL, I) returns nothing.

Thanks,

Marcelo.

Post #930384
Posted Monday, August 9, 2010 3:11 PM

Ten Centuries

Ten CenturiesTen CenturiesTen CenturiesTen CenturiesTen CenturiesTen CenturiesTen CenturiesTen Centuries

Group: General Forum Members
Last Login: Monday, September 15, 2014 5:20 PM
mceitlin (5/31/2010)
Hi Mike, great code!
It works fine for me in general but I´m having problems when a word begins with "and" or with "or" like "orthopedics".
I´ve change, in SearchGrammar.cs OrOperator.Rule = Symbol("or") for OrOperator.Rule = Symbol("or ") (note the blank space after the "or") and it works, but I´m not sure its a good solution.
I´m also having problems is with one letter words, if you search "when I grow up" doesn´t return any result, but if you search "when grow up" it returns matching records including the one who has "when I grow up". FORMSOF (INFLECTIONAL, I) returns nothing.

Thanks,

Marcelo.

Hi Marcelo,

Thanks, appreciate the feedback. There's a fix for that issue as well as some other improvements in the latest version of the grammar at the CodePlex website ("Irony" project). There was also a temporary fix somewhere earlier in this thread, but I'd recommend getting the latest version from the Irony CodePlex site.

Thanks
Mike C
Post #966267
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

Add to briefcase

Permissions Expand / Collapse