Click here to monitor SSC
SQLServerCentral is supported by Red Gate Software Ltd.

Home       Members    Calendar    Who's On

Add to briefcase ««123»»

Report Server Web Service Expand / Collapse
Author

SSC Eights!

SSC Eights!SSC Eights!SSC Eights!SSC Eights!SSC Eights!SSC Eights!SSC Eights!SSC Eights!

Group: General Forum Members
Last Login: Friday, February 4, 2011 7:20 AM
Hugo Kornelis (4/8/2010)
Tom Garth (4/8/2010)
I stand corrected. After rereading Hugo's answer I may have gottem it right for the wrong reason.

So is 2005 the endpoint's port number?

You'll have to re-reread my post. The name of the endpoint contains either 2005 or 2006, depending on whether the report server is enabled for SharePoint integrated mode.

I understand it is part of the name. I was just wondering if the name reflected the listening port number.

Tom Garth
Vertical Solutions

"There are three kinds of men. The one that learns by reading. The few who learn by observation. The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence for themselves." -- Will Rogers
Post #899553
Posted Thursday, April 8, 2010 7:33 AM

Hall of Fame

Hall of FameHall of FameHall of FameHall of FameHall of FameHall of FameHall of FameHall of FameHall of Fame

Last Login: Yesterday @ 10:21 AM
I had to look this one up because the ReportService2006 answer option seemed incorrect to me. I chose the "correct" answer but only because I figured there was a typo. This is a good question, but missing information.

I would either update the question to mention that Sharepoint integrated mode is configured so that option 2 is correct or change option 2 to ReportService2005.asmx as that would be the correct answer if Sharepoint integrated mode is not configured and just the default report server configuration is used.
Post #899559
Posted Thursday, April 8, 2010 8:06 AM
SSCrazy

SSCrazySSCrazySSCrazySSCrazySSCrazySSCrazySSCrazySSCrazy

Last Login: Tuesday, September 16, 2014 7:35 AM
Although I agree the wording/typos in this question had me a bit confused at first, this was a great question.

The best questions IMHO are those that make me want to do more research on the background and broader issues involved in the answer. The answer makes sense to me, but the explanation link makes me want to investigate a lot more. I have the feeling that there is a gap in my knowledge in this area and I will be spending time trying to close that gap.

Thanks
Post #899590
Posted Thursday, April 8, 2010 9:01 AM

Ten Centuries

Ten CenturiesTen CenturiesTen CenturiesTen CenturiesTen CenturiesTen CenturiesTen CenturiesTen Centuries

Last Login: Wednesday, September 24, 2014 4:48 PM
Got it right only because I guessed.

---------------------------------------------------------------------
Use Full Links:
KB Article from Microsoft on how to ask a question on a Forum
Post #899664
Posted Thursday, April 8, 2010 9:12 AM

SSCarpal Tunnel

SSCarpal TunnelSSCarpal TunnelSSCarpal TunnelSSCarpal TunnelSSCarpal TunnelSSCarpal TunnelSSCarpal TunnelSSCarpal TunnelSSCarpal Tunnel

Last Login: Yesterday @ 3:32 PM
I posted this question to draw attention to the fact that yes, there is such Web Service but the explanation on MSDN is pretty unclear.
Post #899675
Posted Thursday, April 8, 2010 9:25 AM
SSCrazy

Last Login: Yesterday @ 2:17 PM
Good question. But the 2006 did throw me.

I found this in BOL:
There are two endpoints available for managing objects on a report server, ReportService2005 and ReportService2006. The ReportService2005 endpoint is used for managing objects on a report server that is configured for native mode. The ReportService2006 endpoint is used for managing objects on a report server that is configured for SharePoint integrated mode.

. . .

The WSDL for the management endpoint can be accessed using the following URL:

http://<Server Name>/ReportServer/ReportService2005.asmx?wsdl

If the report server is configured for SharePoint integrate mode, the WSDL can be accessed using the following URL:

http://<Server Name>/<Site Name>/_vti_bin/ReportServer/ReportService2006.asmx?wsdl

Based on this, it seemed neither of the first two options worked, so I went with the third one by process of elimination.
Post #899688
Posted Thursday, April 8, 2010 9:29 AM
SSCrazy

Last Login: Yesterday @ 1:22 PM
Since I hadn't had coffee, yet, I couldn't understand any part of this. That's why I posted ?????. Now, after looking at it again, I do understand it now. Thanks for the question and thanks to all who commented to clear this up for me.
Post #899694
Posted Thursday, April 8, 2010 10:41 AM

SSCoach

SSCoachSSCoachSSCoachSSCoachSSCoachSSCoachSSCoachSSCoachSSCoachSSCoachSSCoach

Last Login: Today @ 12:05 AM
Thanks Hugo for also providing the same feedback that I found from answering this question.

I have to admit that it is good to see that there is little contention over the wording (based on history) or the incompleteness of the explanation of the answer.

That said, I do believe this is an educational question.

Jason AKA CirqueDeSQLeil
I have given a name to my pain...
MCM SQL Server

SQL RNNR

Posting Performance Based Questions - Gail Shaw
Posting Data Etiquette - Jeff Moden
Hidden RBAR - Jeff Moden
VLFs and the Tran Log - Kimberly Tripp
Post #899789
Posted Friday, April 9, 2010 6:57 AM

SSCertifiable

SSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiable

Last Login: Today @ 1:49 AM
SSRS 2003 does not have any numerical suffix for the endpoint.

So technically none of the answers are correct.

Far away is close at hand in the images of elsewhere.

Anon.

Post #900456
Posted Friday, April 9, 2010 7:10 AM

SSC Eights!

SSC Eights!SSC Eights!SSC Eights!SSC Eights!SSC Eights!SSC Eights!SSC Eights!SSC Eights!

Last Login: Friday, February 4, 2011 7:20 AM
David Burrows (4/9/2010)
SSRS 2003 does not have any numerical suffix for the endpoint.

So technically none of the answers are correct.

Technically speaking - What is SSRS 2003?

Tom Garth
Vertical Solutions

"There are three kinds of men. The one that learns by reading. The few who learn by observation. The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence for themselves." -- Will Rogers
Post #900471
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

Add to briefcase ««123»»

Permissions Expand / Collapse