Click here to monitor SSC
SQLServerCentral is supported by Red Gate Software Ltd.

Home       Members    Calendar    Who's On

Add to briefcase

Changed my app connection string from windows to SQL Server authentication Expand / Collapse
Author
Right there with Babe

Right there with BabeRight there with BabeRight there with BabeRight there with BabeRight there with BabeRight there with BabeRight there with BabeRight there with Babe

Group: General Forum Members
Last Login: Yesterday @ 4:09 AM
Hi,

I have changed my app connection string from windows to SQL Server authentication.
My app connect now to SQL Server using SQL Server authentication.

Can i expect my app to become more slow because of this change?

Do the querys executed perfome with the same speed?

Thank you
Post #864535
Posted Friday, February 12, 2010 5:19 AM
SSCrazy

SSCrazySSCrazySSCrazySSCrazySSCrazySSCrazySSCrazySSCrazy

Last Login: Friday, May 30, 2014 6:27 PM
There wont be any difference in the speed, Windows authentication is preferred as it can be more secure since it is controlled via the AD
Post #864546
Posted Friday, February 12, 2010 6:07 AM
Right there with Babe

Right there with BabeRight there with BabeRight there with BabeRight there with BabeRight there with BabeRight there with BabeRight there with BabeRight there with Babe

Last Login: Yesterday @ 4:09 AM
yeph , i know but we have some specifyc situations in the company where we need to use this.

Thank you very much.

P.s - the connection to the server with SQL Server authentication will be encrypted (SSL) so that no one can put a sniffer on the network and see the user and pasword.
Post #864564
Posted Friday, February 12, 2010 8:27 AM
Hall of Fame

Hall of FameHall of FameHall of FameHall of FameHall of FameHall of FameHall of FameHall of FameHall of Fame

Last Login: Thursday, November 13, 2014 2:52 PM
steveb. (2/12/2010)
There wont be any difference in the speed, Windows authentication is preferred as it can be more secure since it is controlled via the AD

Windows authentication in Asp.net also reduce the application capacity because AD primary task is to resolve users in a Windows network. SQL authentication allows the application to scale.

Kind regards,
Gift Peddie
Post #864672
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

Add to briefcase

Permissions Expand / Collapse