Click here to monitor SSC
SQLServerCentral is supported by Red Gate Software Ltd.

Home       Members    Calendar    Who's On

Add to briefcase ««12

SSIS Licensing Question Expand / Collapse
Author
SSCommitted

SSCommittedSSCommittedSSCommittedSSCommittedSSCommittedSSCommittedSSCommittedSSCommitted

Group: General Forum Members
Last Login: Monday, September 22, 2014 12:00 PM
If I am understanding the question right, the bids development environment would be licensed the same way as your server on a client basis. In other words, if you have a Server license and a number of client access licenses, then if you want to use the bids environment on another machine for development then you must have a client access license for it. If you are processor based then you are ok.

Check out the document link from microsoft...it is for sql 2005 as I could not find one for 2008 but it makes sense to me the licensing would be similar and the "shared" tools are basically based on the client model you are following for your server.

http://download.microsoft.com/download/a/6/e/a6ea642a-2dbd-4142-a26d-9c3afe4a2b9e/SQLServer2005StdOEMEULA(English).doc

Oh, and yes I have to agree with Lynn on the development...one of the biggest gains of ssis is the config files which makes remote development and deployment to production a breeze...
Post #894838
Posted Wednesday, October 26, 2011 7:24 AM
SSC-Enthusiastic

SSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-Enthusiastic

Last Login: Friday, October 17, 2014 12:58 PM
You do need license to run SSIS on your local PC. The solution should be purchase a Developer edition of SQL which cause about $100, or if you have MSDN subscription.

have fun!

No Signature
Post #1196273
Posted Wednesday, October 26, 2011 7:35 AM

SSCertifiable

SSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiable

Last Login: Today @ 7:20 AM
Note: the post previous to yours is nearly two years old.

Help us to help you. For better, quicker and more-focused answers to your questions, consider following the advice in this link.

When you ask a question (and please do ask a question: "My T-SQL does not work" just doesn't cut it), please provide enough information for us to understand its context.
Post #1196283
Posted Monday, January 13, 2014 8:14 AM
SSC-Enthusiastic

SSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-Enthusiastic

Last Login: Friday, September 19, 2014 1:52 PM
You should look into SSIS configuration files. they are simple XML files. This way you can have prod and dev configurations that you substitute based on the environment where you are deploying the package. Works quite easily as simple XML parser capabilities can automate the process.
Post #1530306
Posted Monday, January 13, 2014 8:42 AM

SSCertifiable

SSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiable

ducon (1/13/2014)
You should look into SSIS configuration files. they are simple XML files. This way you can have prod and dev configurations that you substitute based on the environment where you are deploying the package. Works quite easily as simple XML parser capabilities can automate the process.

This has nothing to do with SSIS Licensing.

Help us to help you. For better, quicker and more-focused answers to your questions, consider following the advice in this link.

When you ask a question (and please do ask a question: "My T-SQL does not work" just doesn't cut it), please provide enough information for us to understand its context.
Post #1530322
Posted Monday, January 13, 2014 7:09 PM
SSC-Enthusiastic

Last Login: Friday, September 19, 2014 1:52 PM
Your powers of observation are quite strong despite the look of your profile pic ;).
I was commenting on the old post about the need to troubleshoot and debut packages remotely justifying RDP access which was in this thread.
Post #1530516
Posted Monday, January 13, 2014 10:03 PM

SSCertifiable

ducon (1/13/2014)
Your powers of observation are quite strong despite the look of your profile pic ;).
I was commenting on the old post about the need to troubleshoot and debut packages remotely justifying RDP access which was in this thread.

You have commented on an off-topic part of a four-year-old thread - without quoting the post you were referencing. Time to stop digging sir

Post #1530533
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

Add to briefcase ««12

Permissions Expand / Collapse