Click here to monitor SSC
SQLServerCentral is supported by Red Gate Software Ltd.

Home       Members    Calendar    Who's On

Add to briefcase

Issues with performance counter Expand / Collapse
Author
SSC Rookie

SSC RookieSSC RookieSSC RookieSSC RookieSSC RookieSSC RookieSSC RookieSSC Rookie

Group: General Forum Members
Last Login: Thursday, October 16, 2014 4:48 PM
Hi guys,

I'm having an issue with performance counters for MSSQL.

The problem is that the counter are missing on perfmon.

I tried to unlodctr and lodctr again, but it didn't work. I also tried to run wmiadap /p and wmiadap /resyncperf and restart the WMI service with no results.

I think that the problem is because we're running on a Windows Server 2003 64 bits with SQL Server 2005 32 bits.

Anyone have an idea what I could do to solve this problem?

Thanks
Post #828790
Posted Friday, December 4, 2009 6:00 AM

SSChasing Mays

SSChasing MaysSSChasing MaysSSChasing MaysSSChasing MaysSSChasing MaysSSChasing MaysSSChasing MaysSSChasing Mays

Last Login: Today @ 4:59 AM
Please look at the link.

http://sqlblogcasts.com/blogs/tonyrogerson/archive/2006/12/02/missing-perfmon-counters-using-64-bit-windows-mmc-32-perfmon-msc.aspx

-- Roshan Joe
There are two types of DBAs. Those who has skills and those who have permissions
Jeff Moden -Forum Etiquette: How to post data/code on a forum to get the best help
Custom cleanup script for backups
Post #828797
Posted Friday, December 4, 2009 6:56 AM
SSC Rookie

SSC RookieSSC RookieSSC RookieSSC RookieSSC RookieSSC RookieSSC RookieSSC Rookie

Great, thanks! It worked!

The problem now is when I run the wbemtest and execute anything on the query (ex: "select * FROM win32_perfrawdata_mssqlserver_sqlserverbuffermanager"), shows the following error:

Number: 0x80041010
Facility: WMI
Description: Invalid class

Any idea?
Post #828859
Posted Tuesday, December 22, 2009 9:42 AM
SSC Rookie

Is there any way to add win32_perfrawdata_mssqlserver_* classes into the WMI repository?

When I try to run a query using the win32_perfrawdata_mssqlserver* classes on WBEMTEST under the root\cimv2 I got the following error:

Number: 0x80041010
Facility: WMI
Description: Invalid class

Any ideas?

Thanks
Post #838018
Posted Monday, December 28, 2009 8:17 AM
SSC Rookie

Anyone?
Post #839428
Posted Wednesday, February 10, 2010 4:06 AM
Ten Centuries

Ten CenturiesTen CenturiesTen CenturiesTen CenturiesTen CenturiesTen CenturiesTen CenturiesTen Centuries

Last Login: Tuesday, November 25, 2014 12:21 AM
Thanks for an update but what if I have 2 instances on 1 machine, one SQL 2k5 which is not being used and it is a named instance and the other being SQL 2k8 as a default instance and also running.

When wanting to add perf counters for SQL it shows the SQL counters for a named instance but not for SQL 2k8, is there a way to view counters for SQL 2k8(default instance)?

What you don't know won't hurt you but what you know will make you plan to know better
Post #863073
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

Add to briefcase

Permissions Expand / Collapse