Click here to monitor SSC
SQLServerCentral is supported by Red Gate Software Ltd.

Home       Members    Calendar    Who's On

Add to briefcase

SQL select statement results to XL file Expand / Collapse
Author
Posted Tuesday, November 10, 2009 8:56 AM
Old Hand

Old HandOld HandOld HandOld HandOld HandOld HandOld HandOld Hand

Group: General Forum Members
Last Login: Thursday, February 27, 2014 10:41 AM
I am executing a script to get the required report in prod server. How to get that result into XL file?

Please let me know the process, I am using sql 2005 version
Post #816609
Posted Tuesday, November 10, 2009 11:40 AM

SSCertifiable

SSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiable

Last Login: Today @ 8:43 AM
What do you mean by "XL file"?
Is it a typo meaning XML structure or do you want to store an "eXtra Large" file?
If the former, please search for "XML Workshop" on this site. This will give you a list of articles by J. Sebastian covering a lot of questions regarding usage of XML.

Lutz
A pessimist is an optimist with experience.

How to get fast answers to your question
How to post performance related questions
Links for Tally Table , Cross Tabs and Dynamic Cross Tabs , Delimited Split Function
Post #816709
Posted Thursday, November 12, 2009 7:45 AM
Old Hand

Old HandOld HandOld HandOld HandOld HandOld HandOld HandOld Hand

Last Login: Thursday, February 27, 2014 10:41 AM
lmu92 (11/10/2009)
What do you mean by "XL file"?
Is it a typo meaning XML structure or do you want to store an "eXtra Large" file?
If the former, please search for "XML Workshop" on this site. This will give you a list of articles by J. Sebastian covering a lot of questions regarding usage of XML.

I need a select statement result to microsoft office XL file for reporting purpose
Post #817836
Posted Thursday, November 12, 2009 7:59 AM
SSC Veteran

SSC VeteranSSC VeteranSSC VeteranSSC VeteranSSC VeteranSSC VeteranSSC VeteranSSC Veteran

Last Login: Saturday, December 10, 2011 6:38 AM
There are a few ways you can do this.

1. In Excel you can connect to a database and have the query come back to a worksheet.

2. If it is a 1 time thing, you can use the data import/export wizard. Right click on the database you are pulling information from and the Import/Export data option comes up. You select your database as the source, tell it you want to use a query to specify the results, and then tell it to go to excel as the output.

3. If it is a repeating task, setup a report in reporting services. Your users would be able to export into a csv file from the report.
Post #817852
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

Add to briefcase

Permissions Expand / Collapse