Click here to monitor SSC
SQLServerCentral is supported by Red Gate Software Ltd.

Home       Members    Calendar    Who's On

Add to briefcase

SSRS (Page setup to landscape and Size fitting A3 printout) Expand / Collapse
Author
Posted Thursday, September 10, 2009 8:51 AM
Valued Member

Valued MemberValued MemberValued MemberValued MemberValued MemberValued MemberValued MemberValued Member

Group: General Forum Members
Last Login: Friday, February 21, 2014 1:26 PM
How can I setup my Table Report from the layout page to landscape and to fit A3 paper on the view or on the internet explorer when convertting to pdf format
Post #785747
Posted Friday, September 11, 2009 2:04 AM

Hall of Fame

Hall of FameHall of FameHall of FameHall of FameHall of FameHall of FameHall of FameHall of FameHall of Fame

Last Login: Today @ 8:09 AM
In your design screen, right click outside the report construction space and select Report properties.
The first set of options is Page Setup. make the relevent changes here and then test.

Post #786195
Posted Sunday, September 27, 2009 4:14 PM
Old Hand

Old HandOld HandOld HandOld HandOld HandOld HandOld HandOld Hand

Last Login: Tuesday, July 15, 2014 2:20 PM
FYI in SQL 2005, you get the following tabs after right clicking and opening the Report Properties dialog:

General
Layout
Code
References
Data Output

But no Page Setup.

Under Layout tab you can change the page width, height, and margins, but no presets for paper size.

I wonder what best practises are there to reliably change paper size for SSRS 2005?
Post #794331
Posted Tuesday, November 3, 2009 1:17 AM
Forum Newbie

Forum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum Newbie

Last Login: Sunday, November 8, 2009 7:52 PM
try to find Report Properties -> Layout, make any necessary modifications there.

SSRS 2005 doesn't provide you with Landscape/Portrait selection, if you need to change from portrait to landscape format then just switch the value between Page Width and Page Height.

Hope it helps you.
Post #812777
Posted Sunday, November 8, 2009 8:50 AM
SSC-Enthusiastic

SSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-Enthusiastic

Last Login: Thursday, January 14, 2010 9:09 AM
Hi, Pitso.
As I know, you can use RAQ Report to solve your problem. Because with it, you can set the properties of report as you like in the dialog box easily. You can select desired page direction and paper size in the drop-down box.
I wish this would be helpful.
Regards,
becklery.

RAQ Report: Web-based Excel-like Java reporting tool
Post #815574
Posted Monday, November 9, 2009 9:24 AM

Ten Centuries

Ten CenturiesTen CenturiesTen CenturiesTen CenturiesTen CenturiesTen CenturiesTen CenturiesTen Centuries

Last Login: 2 days ago @ 7:27 AM
Note that SQL Server 2005 Reporting Services has a bad defect related to linked reports. If the report is a linked report, the page size properties of the master report are not propogated to the linked reports. They have to be set in the linked report.

See thread 710191 for additional details. http://www.sqlservercentral.com/Forums/FindPost710191.aspx

(PHB) I think we should build an SQL database. (Dilbert) What color do you want that database? (PHB) I think mauve has the most RAM.
Post #815887
Posted Wednesday, September 29, 2010 7:51 AM

Ten Centuries

Ten CenturiesTen CenturiesTen CenturiesTen CenturiesTen CenturiesTen CenturiesTen CenturiesTen Centuries

Last Login: 2 days ago @ 7:27 AM
Mauve (11/9/2009)
Note that SQL Server 2005 Reporting Services has a bad defect related to linked reports. If the report is a linked report, the page size properties of the master report are not propogated to the linked reports. They have to be set in the linked report.

See thread 710191 for additional details. http://www.sqlservercentral.com/Forums/FindPost710191.aspx

An update to the above:

It appears that the Linked Reports page size issue that was initially reported against SQL Server 2005 has NOT been fixed in SQL Server 2008 R2 RTM (10.50.1600). I.e., a Linked Report does not inherit the page size properties of the parent report.

Therefore, you will still have to explicitly set, or programatically copy them from the master report, the page size properties when you create a Linked Report.

(PHB) I think we should build an SQL database. (Dilbert) What color do you want that database? (PHB) I think mauve has the most RAM.
Post #995226
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

Add to briefcase

Permissions Expand / Collapse