Click here to monitor SSC
SQLServerCentral is supported by Red Gate Software Ltd.

Home       Members    Calendar    Who's On

Add to briefcase

Installing reporting services on SQL server default instance Expand / Collapse
Author
SSC Journeyman

SSC JourneymanSSC JourneymanSSC JourneymanSSC JourneymanSSC JourneymanSSC JourneymanSSC JourneymanSSC Journeyman

Group: General Forum Members
Last Login: Wednesday, September 10, 2014 11:46 AM
I have sql server 2005 developer edition installed on my system. I got enterprise edition copy and want to install reporting services on the same instance. But when i run the setup all the services are showing as disabled including reporting services. It is showing only sample databases as highlighted.

What could be the issue, can someone help me on this.

Thanks
Eranna
Post #762601
Posted Thursday, July 30, 2009 11:15 AM

SSChampion

SSChampionSSChampionSSChampionSSChampionSSChampionSSChampionSSChampionSSChampionSSChampionSSChampion

Last Login: Today @ 2:34 PM
functionally, developer version and enterprise are identical, except for licensing.
also, enterprise can't install on a non-server version of a machine...it requires a server OS.
developer version has everything you need, without the licensing headaches.

find the developer version again instead, and reinstall that...from there, you can install the items that you skipped on the first installation, like reporitng services, SSIS,BIDS, etc.

Lowell

--There is no spoon, and there's no default ORDER BY in sql server either.
Actually, Common Sense is so rare, it should be considered a Superpower. --my son
Post #762608
Posted Thursday, July 30, 2009 12:46 PM
SSC Journeyman

SSC JourneymanSSC JourneymanSSC JourneymanSSC JourneymanSSC JourneymanSSC JourneymanSSC JourneymanSSC Journeyman

Thanks for the reply.

Sorry it was actually the developer edition not enterprise. I just installed IIS on my machine, thinking that that is the problem. But even after i did it, its still the same. All the options are grayed out.

Eranna
Post #762684
Posted Thursday, July 30, 2009 2:32 PM

SSChampion

SSChampionSSChampionSSChampionSSChampionSSChampionSSChampionSSChampionSSChampionSSChampionSSChampion

Last Login: Today @ 2:34 PM
if it's grayed out, then it's already installed, right?

Lowell

--There is no spoon, and there's no default ORDER BY in sql server either.
Actually, Common Sense is so rare, it should be considered a Superpower. --my son
Post #762768
Posted Thursday, July 30, 2009 2:55 PM
SSC Journeyman

It was actually enter prise edition and so the problem. I tried with developer edition as you said and it worked out.

Thanks for your help.

Eranna
Post #762787
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

Add to briefcase

Permissions Expand / Collapse