Click here to monitor SSC
SQLServerCentral is supported by Red Gate Software Ltd.

Home       Members    Calendar    Who's On

Add to briefcase 123»»»

70-433 study material Expand / Collapse
Author
Old Hand

Old HandOld HandOld HandOld HandOld HandOld HandOld HandOld Hand

Group: General Forum Members
Last Login: Wednesday, August 07, 2013 2:07 PM
Guys, i am looking for 70-433 study materials. All i could find was this:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/MCTS-Self-Paced-Training-Exam-70-433/dp/0735626391/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1246913363&sr=8-1

There were no reviews on this?? is it a good book? is there any other book/books that i can follow? Also it would be great help if someone can provide me with some useful links to prepare for 70-433 exam.

blog: http://sarveshsingh.com

Twitter: @sarveshsing
Post #748098
Posted Tuesday, July 07, 2009 3:25 AM

Right there with Babe

Right there with BabeRight there with BabeRight there with BabeRight there with BabeRight there with BabeRight there with BabeRight there with BabeRight there with Babe

Last Login: Sunday, September 05, 2010 6:28 AM
I've been using http://www.amazon.co.uk/Real-MCTS-Server-2008-70-433/dp/1597494216/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1246958227&sr=8-5

I've read through it once already and it seems pretty good. Although it's called a prep kit, it doesn't come with a CD or anything, but seems to cover all the topics and each chapter is self-contained. One word of warning, the last chapter is not in the book! It's a pdf download from the companion site - http://www.elsevierdirect.com/companion.jsp?ISBN=9781597494212

www.abbstract.info - my blog
www.sqlsimon.com - my experiences with SQL Server 2008
Post #748381
Posted Wednesday, July 08, 2009 6:14 AM
SSC-Addicted

SSC-AddictedSSC-AddictedSSC-AddictedSSC-AddictedSSC-AddictedSSC-AddictedSSC-AddictedSSC-Addicted

Last Login: Monday, April 14, 2014 3:38 AM
You can take a practice test using Visual CertExam. You can get the exam from here:

Editor: Link removed.

Post #749180
Posted Wednesday, July 08, 2009 6:26 AM

SSC-Forever

SSC-ForeverSSC-ForeverSSC-ForeverSSC-ForeverSSC-ForeverSSC-ForeverSSC-ForeverSSC-ForeverSSC-ForeverSSC-ForeverSSC-ForeverSSC-ForeverSSC-ForeverSSC-ForeverSSC-Forever

Last Login: Today @ 3:30 PM
sanderstad (7/8/2009)
You can get the VCE (Visual Cert Exam test) from here:

Testking are braindumps - questions taken directly from the exam in violation of the rules. Using them is cheating (memorising questions that you may get in the actual exam) and using or promoting them can result in your certifications been revoked, permanently

Gail Shaw
Microsoft Certified Master: SQL Server 2008, MVP
SQL In The Wild: Discussions on DB performance with occasional diversions into recoverability

We walk in the dark places no others will enter
We stand on the bridge and no one may pass

Post #749189
Posted Wednesday, July 08, 2009 6:48 AM
SSC-Addicted

SSC-AddictedSSC-AddictedSSC-AddictedSSC-AddictedSSC-AddictedSSC-AddictedSSC-AddictedSSC-Addicted

I always used them to practice my test just to get me familiar with the way the tests go not to memorise the questions if that was already possible.

Post #749210
Posted Wednesday, July 08, 2009 6:58 AM
Old Hand

Old HandOld HandOld HandOld HandOld HandOld HandOld HandOld Hand

Last Login: Wednesday, August 07, 2013 2:07 PM
is there anywhere else i can practice test questions which is not breaking violations..

blog: http://sarveshsingh.com

Twitter: @sarveshsing
Post #749219
Posted Wednesday, July 08, 2009 7:03 AM
SSC-Addicted

In the book MCTS Self Paced Trainign from Microsoft itself you'll find several testquestions that you can take.

I always find CBT Nuggets very usefull for my exams: http://www.cbtnuggets.com/

Post #749223
Posted Thursday, July 09, 2009 9:23 AM
Forum Newbie

Forum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum Newbie

Last Login: Tuesday, November 27, 2012 8:42 AM
I just passed the 70-433 this morning. I read the Microsoft Press Test Prep Kit and it seemed to cover most of the topics reasonably well. More than that though, taking the practices tests really drove home which areas I needed to study... some of these were not covered well in the book and I used either other tech books, or b.o.l. etc to find out more info.

As a side note, in the past I have read the T-SQL Querying and Programming books by Itzek Ben Gan which covered the majority of the information on this exam in much more detail than the Prep Kit did. If you are unsure of your knowledge of the subject area, I would recommend these two books first and foremost, well ahead of the test prep book, to learn the information. The test prep was good for a refresher and for the practice tests.
Post #750369
Posted Thursday, July 09, 2009 9:23 AM
Forum Newbie

Forum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum Newbie

Last Login: Tuesday, November 27, 2012 8:42 AM
I just passed the 70-433 this morning. I read the Microsoft Press Test Prep Kit and it seemed to cover most of the topics reasonably well. More than that though, taking the practices tests really drove home which areas I needed to study... some of these were not covered well in the book and I used either other tech books, or b.o.l. etc to find out more info.

As a side note, in the past I have read the T-SQL Querying and Programming books by Itzek Ben Gan which covered the majority of the information on this exam in much more detail than the Prep Kit did. If you are unsure of your knowledge of the subject area, I would recommend these two books first and foremost, well ahead of the test prep book, to learn the information. The test prep was good for a refresher and for the practice tests.
Post #750370
Posted Friday, December 04, 2009 1:27 PM
Forum Newbie

Last Login: Tuesday, March 20, 2012 2:57 PM
For those of you who have used the prep kits and passed the exam (70-433), could you let me/us know (1) what your familiarity with T-SQL and db development was prior to using the test prep kit, (2) about how much time a week did you allocate to studying, and (3) given number 2, how many weeks/months did you prepare.

I don't know about others, but it would be extremely helpful to me in creating a plan for tackling this, along with work and other responsibilities.

Thanks!
Post #829246
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

Add to briefcase 123»»»

Permissions Expand / Collapse