Click here to monitor SSC
SQLServerCentral is supported by Red Gate Software Ltd.

Home       Members    Calendar    Who's On

Add to briefcase ««12

Problem referring to a SSIS variable inside Script task Expand / Collapse
Author

SSCertifiable

SSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiable

Group: General Forum Members
Last Login: Today @ 8:52 AM
touchmeknot123 (7/15/2009)
Hi,

I am developing the SSIS package to parse a non-delimited file.
Can you please help me on the script which is to be written to parse the file ?

Thanks

This should be set up as a new thread. When you do so, please post some sample data (showing the format of the source data and the desired output format). Wading straight into designing a script may be overkill ... but without seeing some sample data, we cannot give good advice.

Also, please explain further what you mean by 'parse'.

Phil

Help us to help you. For better, quicker and more-focused answers to your questions, consider following the advice in this link.

When you ask a question (and please do ask a question: "My T-SQL does not work" just doesn't cut it), please provide enough information for us to understand its context.
Post #753932
Posted Thursday, April 14, 2011 1:01 PM
Forum Newbie

Forum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum Newbie

Last Login: Wednesday, April 20, 2011 1:09 PM
Hi John Rowan!

I have a similar problem. I did what you said about the Propogate variable = false on all tasks inside the foreach container. But the execution still halts, it doesn’t go to the next item iteration of the loop. Am I missing something?

=======================================================================
ForEach Loop
DataFlowTask(OnErorr Propogate=false)
==>success>
DataFlowTask(OnErorr Propogate=false)
==>success>
FileSystemTask(OnErorr Propogate=false)
==>success>
SendEmailTask(OnErorr Propogate=false)

Problem: My SMT could fail with bad email address and to me that’s ok. For example: the first item in the collection has a bad email. I have a OnError event SendeEmailTask here to handle when the task fails. It executed the OnError SendEmail task fine. Then, the SQL task was executed. Then the whole package failed. It never went to the next item in the collection. I want my package to still go on to the next item in the collection but it stops the whole package. I added the propogate to all the tasks in the foreach container like you mentioned to do, but it stops on the first item of the collection because the email is bad.

==>success>
SQL Task

=======================================================================
Post #1093769
Posted Thursday, March 1, 2012 2:34 PM

SSCrazy

SSCrazySSCrazySSCrazySSCrazySSCrazySSCrazySSCrazySSCrazy

Last Login: Tuesday, September 23, 2014 2:10 PM
The reason it isn't found in the collection is because it is not in the collection. Go to the data sources listed in the Solution Explorer that point to that database and delete it. Then recreate it. When you do, it will ask you to put that data source in as a new collection item (unless it is already there and you wouldn't get that message if it was).

Jamie
Post #1260455
Posted Tuesday, February 5, 2013 3:16 PM
Forum Newbie

Forum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum Newbie

Last Login: Thursday, February 21, 2013 8:03 PM
I have got dialogue box added to SSIS package,through script at the end,that populates when process is completed.

But it throws the below error when called from SSMS job “Script Task: Error: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation”

Script has just below code is in C#

System.Windows.Forms.MessageBox.Show(“Process has completed”);

Please clarify.
Post #1416123
Posted Thursday, June 19, 2014 8:13 AM
Valued Member

Valued MemberValued MemberValued MemberValued MemberValued MemberValued MemberValued MemberValued Member

Last Login: Tuesday, September 23, 2014 9:02 AM
Just wanted to comment, I had same problem and this worked like a charm....Thanks
Post #1583850
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

Add to briefcase ««12

Permissions Expand / Collapse