Click here to monitor SSC
SQLServerCentral is supported by Red Gate Software Ltd.

Home       Members    Calendar    Who's On

Add to briefcase

Open Source ASP Enterprise Manager in Design Phase Expand / Collapse
Author
Posted Saturday, October 12, 2002 12:00 AM
SSCertifiable

SSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiable

Group: Moderators
Last Login: Today @ 12:51 PM
Comments posted to this topic are about the content posted at http://www.sqlservercentral.com/columnists/awarren/opensourceaspenterprisemanagerindesignphase.asp>http://www.sqlservercentral.com/columnists/awarren/opensourceaspenterprisemanagerindesignphase.asp

Andy
SQLAndy - My Blog!
Connect with me on LinkedIn
Follow me on Twitter
Post #7414
Posted Sunday, October 20, 2002 10:43 PM
SSC Rookie

SSC RookieSSC RookieSSC RookieSSC RookieSSC RookieSSC RookieSSC RookieSSC Rookie

Group: General Forum Members
Last Login: Thursday, October 22, 2009 11:55 AM
Hi,
I think its a good idea to have a free EM.

-Abhijit

Post #43710
Posted Monday, October 21, 2002 6:37 AM
SSC-Enthusiastic

SSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-Enthusiastic

Last Login: Tuesday, April 3, 2007 11:22 AM
This is great. I have been thinking about doing this for over a year. I would be willing to help test or develop this product.

Post #43711
Posted Monday, October 21, 2002 8:35 AM
SSC-Enthusiastic

SSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-Enthusiastic

Last Login: Monday, October 6, 2014 1:36 PM
Naturally it would depend on how the final product turned out but I would say yes that I would use the open source tool. One of the annoying I've always found about EM is that I'm never sure exactly *how* it does things. It would be great to have the source code available to pick through.

Another thing I've always wanted EM to do is have an option to record everything you do through the manager. i.e. a script builder

I "grew up" on GUIs and tend to do my thinking, planning and testing there. It would be great to be recording everything I do so that I could then go back and use that script as a starting point for the changes to the production database.

"I met Larry Niven at ConClave 27...AND I fixed his computer. How cool is that?"
(Memoirs of a geek)
Post #43712
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

Add to briefcase

Permissions Expand / Collapse