Click here to monitor SSC
SQLServerCentral is supported by Red Gate Software Ltd.

Home       Members    Calendar    Who's On

Add to briefcase ««12

Database mail Expand / Collapse
Author
SSC Veteran

SSC VeteranSSC VeteranSSC VeteranSSC VeteranSSC VeteranSSC VeteranSSC VeteranSSC Veteran

Group: General Forum Members
Last Login: Wednesday, February 13, 2013 1:19 AM
i am using standard edition of sql server 2005..also i need advise on task creat to clean databasemail history ........
Post #721410
Posted Thursday, May 21, 2009 9:15 AM

SSChampion

SSChampionSSChampionSSChampionSSChampionSSChampionSSChampionSSChampionSSChampionSSChampionSSChampion

Last Login: Thursday, July 24, 2014 9:07 AM
As I said earlier, if you have McAfee Enterprise you need you McAfee administrator to make the changes or else they will be overwritten by policy.

You can change it on your own by going into VirusScan Console -> Double-Click on Access Protection -> Select the Anti-Virus Standard Protection Category -> Select the Prevent mass mailing worms from sending mail -> Click Edit -> Add DatabaseMail90.exe to the processes to exclude -> Click OK -> Click OK -> Exit VirusScan console by clicking the "X" In the upper right.

Again changing it locally will be overwritten by enterprise policy.

Jack Corbett

Applications Developer

Don't let the good be the enemy of the best. -- Paul Fleming

Check out these links on how to get faster and more accurate answers:
Forum Etiquette: How to post data/code on a forum to get the best help
Need an Answer? Actually, No ... You Need a Question
How to Post Performance Problems
Crosstabs and Pivots or How to turn rows into columns Part 1
Crosstabs and Pivots or How to turn rows into columns Part 2
Post #721432
Posted Friday, May 22, 2009 1:59 AM
SSC Veteran

SSC VeteranSSC VeteranSSC VeteranSSC VeteranSSC VeteranSSC VeteranSSC VeteranSSC Veteran

Last Login: Wednesday, February 13, 2013 1:19 AM
please advise how to create maintanence plan to clean databasemail history ........
Post #721881
Posted Friday, May 22, 2009 6:20 AM

Ten Centuries

Ten CenturiesTen CenturiesTen CenturiesTen CenturiesTen CenturiesTen CenturiesTen CenturiesTen Centuries

Last Login: Today @ 5:13 AM
shanila_minnu (5/22/2009)
please advise how to create maintanence plan to clean databasemail history ........

Try this:

http://www.sqlservercentral.com/Forums/FindPost721992.aspx

============================================================
SELECT YOUR PROBLEM FROM SSC.com WHERE PROBLEM DESCRIPTION =
http://www.sqlservercentral.com/articles/Best+Practices/61537/
Post #721996
Posted Tuesday, June 16, 2009 8:17 AM
Ten Centuries

Ten CenturiesTen CenturiesTen CenturiesTen CenturiesTen CenturiesTen CenturiesTen CenturiesTen Centuries

Last Login: Thursday, July 24, 2014 4:28 AM
Jack Corbett (5/18/2009)
In addition to what Jonathan is recommending you should also check your anti-virus setting (if you have AV on your SQL Server). By default McAfee blocks Database mail through it's access protection setting, prevent mass mailing worms from sending mail. When this happens you get the error you listed. You need to add database mail (DatabaseMail90.exe) as an exception to the rule.

I would recomend anyone to check their AV is not blocking port 25 as a starting point, as I have spent three weeks wondering why DB MAil would work on five servers, but not on two others. In the end I spotted a message from McAfee in the Application section of Event Viewer saying it had kindly blocked an outgoing email request
Post #735693
Posted Wednesday, December 2, 2009 1:41 PM
Valued Member

Valued MemberValued MemberValued MemberValued MemberValued MemberValued MemberValued MemberValued Member

Last Login: Monday, July 28, 2014 8:07 AM
In virus scan console=>Access protection =>prevent massmailing worm from sending mail=>EDIT => Processes to exclude: add "DatabaseMail90.exe"
Post #827770
Posted Monday, June 28, 2010 6:39 AM

Old Hand

Old HandOld HandOld HandOld HandOld HandOld HandOld HandOld Hand

Last Login: Wednesday, February 13, 2013 12:30 AM
Jack Corbett (5/21/2009)
As I said earlier, if you have McAfee Enterprise you need you McAfee administrator to make the changes or else they will be overwritten by policy.

You can change it on your own by going into VirusScan Console -> Double-Click on Access Protection -> Select the Anti-Virus Standard Protection Category -> Select the Prevent mass mailing worms from sending mail -> Click Edit -> Add DatabaseMail90.exe to the processes to exclude -> Click OK -> Click OK -> Exit VirusScan console by clicking the "X" In the upper right.

Again changing it locally will be overwritten by enterprise policy.

I tried this by enabling databasemail90.exe as an exception list but its not working until and unless I completely disable the access protection. (it not waiting for the policy to be overwritten by administrator). Can there be some other possibilities?

-Forum Etiquette: How to post Performance Problems

-Forum Etiquette: How to post data/code to get the best help
Post #943844
Posted Monday, June 28, 2010 7:17 AM

SSChampion

SSChampionSSChampionSSChampionSSChampionSSChampionSSChampionSSChampionSSChampionSSChampionSSChampion

Last Login: Thursday, July 24, 2014 9:07 AM
Are you using SQL Server 2005 or 2008? In 2008 it is changed to DatabaseMail.exe.

Jack Corbett

Applications Developer

Don't let the good be the enemy of the best. -- Paul Fleming

Check out these links on how to get faster and more accurate answers:
Forum Etiquette: How to post data/code on a forum to get the best help
Need an Answer? Actually, No ... You Need a Question
How to Post Performance Problems
Crosstabs and Pivots or How to turn rows into columns Part 1
Crosstabs and Pivots or How to turn rows into columns Part 2
Post #943877
Posted Thursday, January 12, 2012 3:57 AM
Forum Newbie

Forum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum Newbie

Last Login: Tuesday, September 4, 2012 4:58 PM
THANK YOU SO MUCH!

I upgraded our company from Exchange Server and SQL 2000 to SQL 2005 and google apps and the database mail has been broken for a while.

Been tearing my hair out when ever I tried to figure out what I did wrong only to discover it was McAfee :)
Post #1234626
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

Add to briefcase ««12

Permissions Expand / Collapse