Click here to monitor SSC
SQLServerCentral is supported by Red Gate Software Ltd.

Home       Members    Calendar    Who's On

Add to briefcase ««12

Report Builder integrated in Asp.net? Expand / Collapse
Author
Forum Newbie

Forum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum Newbie

Group: General Forum Members
Last Login: Monday, June 22, 2009 2:15 AM
Well... as the client said it... it turned out to be an end user report designer. Now I have to document on it and see if we can make that available ...and if not, well we just have to try to convince them to go for the parametrization of the reports and make them some how custom for the user's use. I know about the hiding columns and filter data possibility...but right now...it's all in the hands of the client and project manager
Post #714842
Posted Tuesday, May 12, 2009 4:45 AM
Old Hand

Old HandOld HandOld HandOld HandOld HandOld HandOld HandOld Hand

Last Login: Wednesday, August 27, 2014 9:56 AM
Well if someone else is paying...

The third way is to build the RDL documents in your own application and publish those to the report server.

The RDL documents are in an XML format, using a "wizard" approach you could take the requirements from the user and then build the RDL from pre-written XML snippets.
Once the RDL document has been formed it can be published to the Report Server by the ASP .NET application

There is a fourth way possible too, which would be a mixture of the second and third ways...
Post #714851
Posted Tuesday, May 12, 2009 5:06 AM
Forum Newbie

Forum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum Newbie

Last Login: Monday, June 22, 2009 2:15 AM
Yeah, but I think this means that I will have to build some kind of a tool that will let the user design his reports and this means that a lot of time will be spent just for the creation of this tool... time that I don't think I have... I guess now all I can do is present all the methods that we could use for this situation and wait for the answer... whichever that will be. Thank you for your help anyway... it cleared out many questions
Post #714865
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

Add to briefcase ««12

Permissions Expand / Collapse