Click here to monitor SSC
SQLServerCentral is supported by Red Gate Software Ltd.

Home       Members    Calendar    Who's On

Add to briefcase 12»»

how to enable auditing in sql server 2005 Expand / Collapse
Author
SSC-Enthusiastic

SSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-Enthusiastic

Group: General Forum Members
Last Login: Tuesday, February 1, 2011 3:13 AM
Hi,

I wan to enable auditing in SQL Server 2005 but the login audit option itself is not enabled.

Please tell how to enable login audit option so that i can select the required auditing.

Waiting for ur kind reply
Post #710464
Posted Tuesday, May 5, 2009 10:59 AM

SSChampion

SSChampionSSChampionSSChampionSSChampionSSChampionSSChampionSSChampionSSChampionSSChampionSSChampion

Last Login: Today @ 9:58 AM
You can create your own auditing with triggers, including DDL and login triggers, in 2005.

- Gus "GSquared", RSVP, OODA, MAP, NMVP, FAQ, SAT, SQL, DNA, RNA, UOI, IOU, AM, PM, AD, BC, BCE, USA, UN, CF, ROFL, LOL, ETC
Property of The Thread

"Nobody knows the age of the human race, but everyone agrees it's old enough to know better." - Anon
Post #710479
Posted Tuesday, May 5, 2009 11:02 AM
SSC-Enthusiastic

SSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-Enthusiastic

yes we can do that for some testing purpose i need to enable that option but that login audit option is disabled in database server properties- security option.
Post #710484
Posted Wednesday, May 6, 2009 7:00 AM

SSChampion

SSChampionSSChampionSSChampionSSChampionSSChampionSSChampionSSChampionSSChampionSSChampionSSChampion

Are you asking how to enable it? Just not sure what your question is at this point.

- Gus "GSquared", RSVP, OODA, MAP, NMVP, FAQ, SAT, SQL, DNA, RNA, UOI, IOU, AM, PM, AD, BC, BCE, USA, UN, CF, ROFL, LOL, ETC
Property of The Thread

"Nobody knows the age of the human race, but everyone agrees it's old enough to know better." - Anon
Post #711018
Posted Wednesday, May 6, 2009 8:59 AM
SSC-Enthusiastic

hi,

If i go to Database server->properties->Security option
their using Login audit window will be enable to select to options but in my server login audit option is not enable i,e i am not able to select any option. so please any idea about this....
Post #711180
Posted Wednesday, May 6, 2009 9:16 AM

SSChampion

What edition of SQL Server are you using? Express? Standard? Enterprise? Workgroup?

Property of The Thread

Post #711203
Posted Wednesday, May 6, 2009 9:18 AM
SSC-Enthusiastic

I am using Enterprise edition with sp3.
Post #711208
Posted Wednesday, May 6, 2009 9:24 AM

SSChampion

Option should definitely exist. Is it possible you don't have the necessary security rights to access it?

Property of The Thread

Post #711216
Posted Wednesday, May 6, 2009 9:29 AM
SSC-Enthusiastic

I have full admin access and i can see login aduit option screen but that option window is showing faded color i,e i can't edit that option but same thing i can do in other server thats whats its confusing...
Post #711224
Posted Thursday, May 7, 2009 6:57 AM

SSChampion

No idea what would cause that in that case.

Property of The Thread

Post #711985
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

Add to briefcase 12»»

Permissions Expand / Collapse