Click here to monitor SSC
SQLServerCentral is supported by Red Gate Software Ltd.

Home       Members    Calendar    Who's On

Add to briefcase

Subscriber Publisher = Sync Issue Expand / Collapse
Author
SSC Rookie

SSC RookieSSC RookieSSC RookieSSC RookieSSC RookieSSC RookieSSC RookieSSC Rookie

Group: General Forum Members
Last Login: Thursday, April 17, 2014 10:51 PM
Hi Experts,

I have a queston regarding synchronization of subscriber with publisher..................Basically , we have transactinal replication in our environments and these are quite heavy databases ( in terra bytes...so do the pulications).

Quite often we see that the subsciber rowcounts is not exactly same as the publisher rowcounts . These publicatino are quite big.

As publication are quite big, I cannot start the snapshot agent during the day and then let it go during business hours as per the policies here.

Experts,

Could you please post your reply in detail , how I can achieve this synchronization in best possible manner.

Configuration: SQL Server 2005 ( Publisher ,Distributor,Subsciber)

Thanks for your help.
Post #701942
Posted Thursday, January 14, 2010 10:29 PM
Forum Newbie

Forum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum Newbie

Group: General Forum Members
Last Login: Saturday, October 26, 2013 10:17 PM
Hi,

I have similar question.

How do you sync a subscriber from a publisher backup?

I want to get a copy of the publisher backup several days back and restore to a different server.

Then I want to configure transactional replication to the database I just restore.

How do I setup replication from a database restore without violating primary key?

Any suggestion is greatly appreciated.
Post #848082
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

Add to briefcase

Permissions Expand / Collapse