Click here to monitor SSC
SQLServerCentral is supported by Red Gate Software Ltd.

Home       Members    Calendar    Who's On

Add to briefcase

output column does not match the data type "System.String" Expand / Collapse
Author
Posted Wednesday, March 25, 2009 11:32 AM
Grasshopper

GrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopper

Group: General Forum Members
Last Login: Tuesday, January 26, 2010 8:37 AM
I have an SSIS package that reads from a FoxPro 6 database and writes to a SS2005 database. It does not do any manipulations, just a straight data move.

One of my columns is causing me an unusual problem... it is a char(10) in FoxPro and a varchar(10) in SQL. However, I get this error in SSIS when I run the package:

Error: 0xC020837F at Data Flow Task, DataReader Source [19031]: The data type of "output column "soc_sec4" (22964)" does not match the data type "System.String" of the source column "soc_sec4".

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Chris
Post #683513
Posted Wednesday, March 25, 2009 12:30 PM
Hall of Fame

Hall of FameHall of FameHall of FameHall of FameHall of FameHall of FameHall of FameHall of FameHall of Fame

Group: General Forum Members
Last Login: Saturday, August 9, 2014 9:17 AM
The error is correct I think both VFP Char and SQL Server Varchar maps to .NET bytes a value type and not string which is a reference type. If I find an existing solution I will post again.

Change SQL Server column to Nvarchar instead of varchar that may fix it, post again if you still have problems.

Kind regards,
Gift Peddie
Post #683569
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

Add to briefcase

Permissions Expand / Collapse