Click here to monitor SSC
SQLServerCentral is supported by Red Gate Software Ltd.

Home       Members    Calendar    Who's On

Add to briefcase

Security issue SSAS (connecting remotely via SSMS) Expand / Collapse
Author
Posted Wednesday, February 25, 2009 7:38 AM
SSC-Enthusiastic

SSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-Enthusiastic

Group: General Forum Members
Last Login: Tuesday, June 11, 2013 9:11 AM
Hi,

I'm new to SSAS.... I am trying to remotely connect to SSRS via SSMS.

I have changed my windows login to be an administrator on the server. I have also added the windows user to SSAS on the machine.

I'm also getting an error when I try and connect to a cube stored in SSAS in Excel. The error is .... An error was encountered in the transport layer

Any thoughts very much appreciated.

Thanks

I get the following error:-

===================================

Cannot connect to

Authentication failed. (Microsoft.AnalysisServices.AdomdClient)

------------------------------
Program Location:

at Microsoft.AnalysisServices.AdomdClient.XmlaClient.Authenticate(ConnectionInfo connectionInfo, DateTime startTime)
at Microsoft.AnalysisServices.AdomdClient.XmlaClient.OpenTcpConnection(ConnectionInfo connectionInfo)
at Microsoft.AnalysisServices.AdomdClient.XmlaClient.Connect(ConnectionInfo connectionInfo, Boolean beginSession)
at Microsoft.AnalysisServices.AdomdClient.AdomdConnection.XmlaClientProvider.Microsoft.AnalysisServices.AdomdClient.AdomdConnection.IXmlaClientProviderEx.ConnectXmla()
at Microsoft.AnalysisServices.AdomdClient.AdomdConnection.ConnectToXMLA(Boolean createSession, Boolean isHTTP)
at Microsoft.AnalysisServices.AdomdClient.AdomdConnection.Open()
at Microsoft.SqlServer.Management.UI.VSIntegration.ObjectExplorer.ObjectExplorer.ValidateConnection(UIConnectionInfo ci, IServerType server)
at Microsoft.SqlServer.Management.UI.ConnectionDlg.Connector.ConnectionThreadUser()

The logon attempt failed (Microsoft.AnalysisServices.AdomdClient)

------------------------------
Program Location:

at Microsoft.AnalysisServices.AdomdClient.NTAuthentication.GetOutgoingBlob(Byte[] incomingBlob, Boolean& handshakeComplete)
at Microsoft.AnalysisServices.AdomdClient.XmlaClient.Authenticate(ConnectionInfo connectionInfo, DateTime startTime)

Peter Gadsby
Business Intelligence Consultant
www.hgconsult.co.uk
Post #664245
Posted Friday, May 25, 2012 8:26 AM
Forum Newbie

Forum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum Newbie

Last Login: Thursday, April 03, 2014 5:51 AM
Hi,
While connecting to the Cube through MS-Excel, you should give the Full address of the server, in the Server Name Text Box. eg:<Machine Name>\<Instance Name>,
then select the Use Windows Authentication radio button
Post #1306611
Posted Monday, December 09, 2013 5:15 PM
Forum Newbie

Forum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum Newbie

Last Login: Wednesday, January 08, 2014 2:03 PM
Hi
Visit this site :

[url=http://www.tsqladmin.com/forum/SSAS/forumlist.asp?forum_id=10857&TopicCode=SSAS][/url]

You could find how to do it in easy way

Mnaouar Ben Khelifa
Thanks
Post #1521357
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

Add to briefcase

Permissions Expand / Collapse