Click here to monitor SSC
SQLServerCentral is supported by Red Gate Software Ltd.

Home       Members    Calendar    Who's On

Add to briefcase

SSIS Accessing the properties of another Component from within a Script Component Expand / Collapse
Author
Posted Wednesday, January 21, 2009 11:44 PM
Forum Newbie

Forum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum Newbie

Group: General Forum Members
Last Login: Sunday, February 15, 2009 3:02 PM
Hi Guys,

I have been trying to find out how to access the properties of one component from within a script task. Below is more exact scenario:

I have a DataReaderSource that executes a query that is actually generated on the fly by an expression. I would like to be able to take that SQL Statement and read it using a script component that is within the same Data Flow.

If I look at the Data Flow Task Properties it is stored as [GET Total Costs].[SqlCommand]

So my question is do I reference this value from within my script component? I sure it something that can be done, I can't find any references to it.

Any help would be very much appreciated!

Thanks,
Damien
Post #641385
Posted Friday, January 23, 2009 12:15 AM

Ten Centuries

Ten CenturiesTen CenturiesTen CenturiesTen CenturiesTen CenturiesTen CenturiesTen CenturiesTen Centuries

Group: General Forum Members
Last Login: Sunday, September 14, 2014 3:17 PM
Damien (1/21/2009)
Hi Guys,

I have been trying to find out how to access the properties of one component from within a script task. Below is more exact scenario:

I have a DataReaderSource that executes a query that is actually generated on the fly by an expression. I would like to be able to take that SQL Statement and read it using a script component that is within the same Data Flow.

If I look at the Data Flow Task Properties it is stored as [GET Total Costs].[SqlCommand]

So my question is do I reference this value from within my script component? I sure it something that can be done, I can't find any references to it.

Any help would be very much appreciated!

Thanks,
Damien

Damien,

You have to setup your [GET Total Costs].[SqlCommand] with "Expression". The expression should be based on package variable. You can then use this variable in your script component.

---
SSIS Tasks Components Scripts Services | http://www.cozyroc.com/

Post #642296
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

Add to briefcase

Permissions Expand / Collapse