Click here to monitor SSC
SQLServerCentral is supported by Red Gate Software Ltd.

Home       Members    Calendar    Who's On

Add to briefcase

SSIS 2008/ ODBC Connection error--when I click on the Preview button in the source adapter i am getting an error and I dont see any columns Expand / Collapse
Author
Posted Wednesday, December 24, 2008 4:09 PM
SSC Veteran

SSC VeteranSSC VeteranSSC VeteranSSC VeteranSSC VeteranSSC VeteranSSC VeteranSSC Veteran

Group: General Forum Members
Last Login: Thursday, October 17, 2013 4:51 PM
Hi all,

(SSIS SQL 2008)
The situation is that I am trying to extract information via ODBC from a system we have.

I have the drivers installed on my machine and have added DSNs for each system. In SSIS I have added them in the server explorer and can view all the details through this.

To extract the information I have added the DSN as .Net Providers\Odbc Data Providers which when tested via the Test Connection Button was successful.

I have then added a Data Flow Task within which I have added a ADONet Data Source. Here is where my problems begin...

I set Connection Manager in the Connection Managers tab and the enter a simple SELECT * FROM in the sqlCommand custom property.

and when click Preview I get the following error Message (Below)and I cant see any columns in the section

===================================

There was an error displaying the preview. (Microsoft Visual Studio)

===================================

------------------------------
Program Location:

at System.Data.Odbc.OdbcConnection.HandleError(OdbcHandle hrHandle, RetCode retcode)
at System.Data.Odbc.OdbcCommand.ExecuteReaderObject(CommandBehavior behavior, String method, Boolean needReader, Object[] methodArguments, SQL_API odbcApiMethod)
at System.Data.Odbc.OdbcCommand.ExecuteReaderObject(CommandBehavior behavior, String method, Boolean needReader)
at System.Data.Odbc.OdbcCommand.ExecuteReader(CommandBehavior behavior)
at System.Data.Odbc.OdbcCommand.ExecuteDbDataReader(CommandBehavior behavior)
at System.Data.Common.DbCommand.ExecuteReader()
at Microsoft.DataTransformationServices.Design.PipelineUtils.ShowDataPreview(String sqlStatement, DbConnection connection, Control parentWindow, IServiceProvider serviceProvider, IDTSExternalMetadataColumnCollection100 externalColumns)
at Microsoft.DataTransformationServices.Design.PipelineUtils.ShowDataPreview(String sqlStatement, ConnectionManager connectionManager, Control parentWindow, IServiceProvider serviceProvider, IDTSExternalMetadataColumnCollection100 externalColumns)
at Microsoft.DataTransformationServices.DataFlowUI.DataFlowConnectionPage.previewButton_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)

Post #625592
Posted Monday, April 18, 2011 11:22 AM
Grasshopper

GrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopper

Group: General Forum Members
Last Login: Thursday, August 7, 2014 5:51 AM
Hi,

Have you had any luck resolving this issue as I have a similar problem.

Cheers
eric
Post #1095174
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

Add to briefcase

Permissions Expand / Collapse