Click here to monitor SSC
SQLServerCentral is supported by Red Gate Software Ltd.

Home       Members    Calendar    Who's On

Add to briefcase

Scheduling replication... Expand / Collapse
Author
Posted Wednesday, November 19, 2008 11:10 AM
Forum Newbie

Forum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum Newbie

Group: General Forum Members
Last Login: Thursday, March 4, 2010 7:39 AM
I am new to SQL replication… Finally, was able to configure a snapshot replication and it works great, but I can not figure out how to schedule it…

This is what I am doing to start it manually:

1. (On source server); Right-click the publication and choose re-initialize all subscriptions  choose “Use a new snapshot” “Generate a new snapshot immediately”  “Mark for Reinitialization”..
2. (On subscriber server (other then the source)  right-click on subscription  choose “View Synchronization status” - “Start”

Is there a way to schedule it all with GUI? If not, please point me to a good source/tutorial on how to do it…

Thanks in advance!
Post #605300
Posted Wednesday, November 19, 2008 10:16 PM
SSC Veteran

SSC VeteranSSC VeteranSSC VeteranSSC VeteranSSC VeteranSSC VeteranSSC VeteranSSC Veteran

Last Login: Monday, October 6, 2014 1:33 PM
I have not tested it, but I believe you can schedule the snapshot by scheduling the snapshot agent job (which has a category of "REPL-Snapshot") on the distributor server.

Post #605577
Posted Thursday, November 20, 2008 8:17 AM

Old Hand

Old HandOld HandOld HandOld HandOld HandOld HandOld HandOld Hand

Last Login: 2 days ago @ 2:59 PM
All replication agents should have a scheduled job that you can change. Do the following:

1) Run Replication Monitor
2) Navigate to your snapshot publication and highlight it
3) Select the "Agents" tab
4) Right click on the Snapshot Agent job and choose "Properties" to open the job properties window
5) Select "schedules" on the list on the left and modify your schedule as necessary

Kendal Van Dyke
http://kendalvandyke.blogspot.com/
Post #605853
Posted Thursday, November 20, 2008 4:41 PM
Forum Newbie

Forum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum Newbie

Last Login: Thursday, March 4, 2010 7:39 AM
I am sorry, I am off-site today - will test it tomorrow morning... Please check if you could with this post in case I have more questions... In any event, thank you very much!!!!!
Post #606175
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

Add to briefcase

Permissions Expand / Collapse