Click here to monitor SSC
SQLServerCentral is supported by Red Gate Software Ltd.

Home       Members    Calendar    Who's On

Add to briefcase

Real Time DataWarehousing Expand / Collapse
Author
Ten Centuries

Ten CenturiesTen CenturiesTen CenturiesTen CenturiesTen CenturiesTen CenturiesTen CenturiesTen Centuries

Group: General Forum Members
Last Login: Wednesday, November 3, 2010 2:32 AM
I have been asked to provide input for a friend of mine into his dissitation.
The topic that he has selected is indeed one that made my mouth water, as I have been chomping at the bit to look at the more finer aspects of Real-Time DataWarehousing.

However, not having walked classes on this stuff ever, I would like to make sure he doesnt get bad marks. Therefore, if someone knows of any articles and real world examples I would be much indebted.

He wants to take it all the way through from Concept, Theory up to a practical design. I will be his data bunny on this one, doing all the necessary testing and providing some guidelines for him.

Currently, I am divided along the lines of either using some triggers from an OLTP system which will write to an OLAP system thereby performing "mini" batches (i.e. customer is created will trigger a create event on the OLAP side which would maintain customer dimension) - in other words some kind of event driven architecture, or alternatively have some kind of UDM where timestamps come into play.

~PD
Post #581619
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

Add to briefcase

Permissions Expand / Collapse